Tanky DPS for the team.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

W17chM4n

03-21-2011

Hi ! I recently started to play ranked games and I`m looking for a good tanky dps as an addition to a not premade team.

My first thought was to go full tanky with Malphite but he is ALWAYS getting banned in ranked games. So is Rammus. That`s why I`m thinking about tanky dps.

My choices are:

+ Renekton - is he useful in ranked games ? I`ve seen him couple of times but never did he have a decent stats.

+ Xin

+ Jarvan

+ Olaf

+ Garen

Any thoughts ?

necaremus

03-21-2011

gragas?
use w, walljump with e, fight.

Charismadic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

You named all AD focused champions, a Nunu or Sion can also fit that tanky dps role too if its needed for team comp. Finding proper team comp is hard with an insta lock Jax who wants mid but even still learning to play Singed too can always be slotted in. Good luck

W17chM4n

03-21-2011

@Charismadic: I`m thinking of AD champs because in most of the times when I play ranked I`m last to pick. So in 95% of the games I`m playing 4 casters / carrie / healer / stealth and I have to choose something with high survability which will be able to tank some damage and also deal some - more is better. I play Sion from time to time as DPS and with attack speed and his ult he is quite good but still I cant take down squishes as quickly as Xin

@necaremus: I don`t qq about gragas because he is really good if your team have a true tank or enough DPS. But when I have 4 squishy champions in my team - i can`t do miracles with him.

Danmal

03-21-2011

You might also consider WW. He's very tanky and able to lock down a carry for quite some time. Plus he's a good jungler which can be important.

EDIT: If you go the standard madreds then tanky item build then he also does a lot of magic damage which you may or may not want.

W17chM4n

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmal View Post
You might also consider WW. He's very tanky and able to lock down a carry for quite some time. Plus he's a good jungler which can be important.

EDIT: If you go the standard madreds then tanky item build then he also does a lot of magic damage which you may or may not want.
Yeah WW is not my kind of champ. Besides in most of the games I have a jungler in a team. Good point on madreds though !

Ironmann199

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

singed- get warmogs, force of nature an banchees and archangels staff and movement 3 boots if u can get rod of ages

u have ignight and ghost so ur so freakin fast people cant catch u when low health and they are chaseing u they lose lots of health cause of poisons (suggest having ability power runes)

ive had people try to catch me when i have super low health and they die cause they follow me across the map cause i harrassed them so much and pissed them off and they die

VonLego

04-03-2011

Go go gadget search function.

Also interested in this, open to purchasing a champion to round out my roster.

I do have Nunu, WW, Sion, and Nasus. They're no renekton or irelia but would they fit the bill?

DarkKnightKD

04-03-2011

I personally like Jarvan for tanky dps. His passive does 10% of their max health, so he can deal decent damage even when going for armor/magic resist. His shield is very helpful in team fights, as it gets stronger if more enemies are present, and the slow is helpful too. Cataclysm is also very helpful to initiate team fights, especially from bush.

Overall, Jarvan is a great tanky/dps, and I would recommend him with the Frozen Mallet/ Warmong's/ Atma's Impaler.

Tenmar

04-03-2011

I can't take ya seriously if Gragas isn't on that list. He's a very powerful bruiser and if you can actually pull off getting levi stacked up and get full tank items it is just like as if Gragas has his locket back. He will never die.

However, for the list?

Well if you want to be more about burst then you gotta go Xin. Remember he's an assassin so his stats are pretty low and really doesn't get enough MR/AR(unless he ults)

Olaf is either you go full HP and spam your true damage or you go normal damage and exploit your axe, lifesteal and go AR pen items.

Garen is probably the last person I'd recommend and I love playing him however he doesn't bring enough to the table in terms of late game damage and even with a full tank build can be bursted down easy as he has the LOWEST base stat/level out of all the bruisers in this game

Renekton is good but you really gotta be good with his charge. Very high base stats/level if not the highest(it takes Garen a brutilizer and last whisper to match renektons base damage at level 14). Self sustaining in his lane and can do damage both early and late.

Jarvan is the other I would recommend because of his shield and knockup combo. Very tanky with his AS/AR ability allowing you to focus on MR and HP.