Irelia or Renekton?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laaai

04-02-2011

@Title

I want Irelia because of her ability to heal with her ult and hiten style, also her q is good for last hitting minions.

For Renekton, I want him for his sustainability in laning phase and I just want to slither in between minions and harass the c.rap out of enemy champions. Also I think he has good escape mechanism.

Stac Legend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2011

For me I enjoy using Renekton more,he is more fun for me,but as the game progresses Irelia could be tankier,stronger and faster xB

Kuryaka

04-03-2011

Irelia. She can take solo 1v2, demolish teams that aren't organized, and possibly win a 2v1 gank with the stun and high overall damage.
Renekton is good harrass, but he needs someone who can follow up and finish them. He doesn't have as much of a dash for going in and assassinating, and lategame is basically a damage sponge who stuns. And deals AOE damage to the entire team in a teamfight.

malphismia

04-03-2011

irelia and ren have a strong early game, but irelia has the upper edge on ganking. Ren is still beast late-game, whereas irelia sort of tapers off and has less survivability than Ren. Depends on when you want to peak. I always like early-game champs better, so I bought irelia

AntennasToHeaven

04-03-2011

Irelia has better boobs.

sandkingcn

04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchaicAmerica View Post
Irelia has better boobs.
renekton has better ****

despite that, renekton has stronger early game than ire actually. it can solo 1vs2 as well, and often beats ire in 1on1 solo. its more tanky, more sustainable in late game. it can get bigger when it ulti, which scares off new players. so go buy renekton. u'll have tons of fun with him

Kroghar

04-03-2011

They're both very similar and very different at the same time. I have both, and I love both, I tend to lean towards Renekton more though. He's a little more my playstyle, and I love not having to worry about mana.

Differences in Lane:
- Irelia can last hit all day. Being more of a sustained DPS champ however, I find it's harder to harass with her. Bladesurge and her stun are usually leveled last and don't do a ton of damage early.
- Renekton is awesome at early harass and sustainability. Run forward and Q minions for health/last hits. Every 15 seconds or so you can E forward > Stun > Q > E out. Squishy champs are easy kills if they don't turret hug.

Differences Mid Game:
- Irelia will have massive bursty-sustained damage now that her W is maxed. With her Ult, there's no escaping once the enemy has committed. You can also easily clear jungles or counter-jungle.
- Renekton now has massive survivability from his ult. I've had Junglers try and gank me and taken out both champs before. Can also turret dive like a champ and get away.

Differences Late Game:
- Irelia, if fed, will be a pretty substantial AD carry. Aside from being stun/blinded she can take out just about anyone 1 on 1. Can also clear lanes lightning fast with an ult. Pretty much requires Red as much as possible to stick to people. In teamfights, have to hold back until the fight is going so you're not focus-stunned and burned down. Can leap at the enemy carry and drop them crazy fast spamming R.
- Renekton is a little less gear reliant than Irelia as his damage comes from his abilities. He tends to build tankier with two dps items. Renekton can initiate as long as his team is right with him, or fly in along with/right after the main tank. Pop R, Q-spam, stun the enemy carry, cause mayhem.

Mostly, Irelia is generally going to rack up more kills, if you can find opponents on their own, they're easy prey. You have to have good judgement in team-fights on when to jump in. Renekton you can be a little more ballistic with and run in guns blazing. You can generally be more ballsy and fly in for a kill and still get away.

You'd pick Irelia if your team needs an AD carry, or a counter to tanky-teams. You pick Renekton if there are already several squishies on your team and you need some more beef, and a strong laner. I pick Renek if the team has another off-tank rather than a "real" tank, like Blitz/Morde/Cho. Between the two of you, you can cover tanking duties pretty well, while still dealing good damage.

Laaai

04-03-2011

^ Thanks helped a lot.
Very in-depth explanation.