Why Jungling SUCKS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

02-19-2010

Well, good teams see jungle fiddles, buy a ward or two, and then farm him every time he goes for golem/dragon...

But I see it viable as long as they know when to STOP. I play jungle Amumu, because the skills that I want to level up most are the worst ones for laning, and he has trouble in lane anyways. One of the best things about a jungler is that they can step in for either of the solo lanes for a gank, or just to let the person blue pill without wasting exp.

But yeah, I jungle from level 2-5, basically one sweep of our entire jungle and then dragon, and then I may jungle a little more if our team is doing fine, but by 6/7 I become a viable ganker, and help transition to the teamfight part of the game, where amumu shines.

I must completely agree that at level 14 when warwick acts like he has a right to golem and lizard (and usually dies with them) it is only going to weaken the team.

systran

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankd View Post
Really depends on whose jungling, it's a risk vs reward type scenario... having a jungler can be extremely beneficial. It's important that you have a team balanced around jungling, if people are just going to pick whatever champions they want to play and that's it, then don't be surprised if it doesn't turn out well.

don't dodge junglers, you're not helping anybody by doing this... instead, why don't you learn how to jungle yourself on multiple champions so you can help critique the players that are doing it wrong, being nice goes a long way too... don't just be like "omfg jungling noob afk!"
Overall good advice, but let's be honest: when someone is dodge worthy, how often do they take advice? I see a Fiddle building nashor's tooth as his first item and not buying boots ever, I tell him a build that might work better and get told "stfu noob" etc. etc. The same goes for when I tell junglers "you need to help lanes that are struggling, if bot tower is about to die you have to stop jungling". I usually just get told to shut the **** up. The people that you want to dodge are people you want to dodge for a reason. There are times when you can give advice and it works out in solo queue, but it's really quite rare.

Lycan Von Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post

I must completely agree that at level 14 when warwick acts like he has a right to golem and lizard (and usually dies with them) it is only going to weaken the team.
Warwick is the best use for the lizard buff in the game. He always has a right to it over others. Dont be a tool

Alarik33

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycaon View Post
Warwick is the best use for the lizard buff in the game. He always has a right to it over others. Dont be a tool
lol ur funi

flankd

The Council

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycaon View Post
Early game, yes the extra dps is important for efficient jungling and maybe an early lvl 3-6 gank... however, lizard buff is better on just about any ranged DPS then warwick in a team fight scenario.

Free Ranged Frozen Mallet vs. Free Melee Frozen Mallet

It's pretty cut and dry which is better and why.

dredarius

02-20-2010

I have no idea what jungling is, so I assume I never do it, but I just want to make sure what exactly it is. From the conversation, I'm guessing it's just killing creeps in the forest and not in a lane?

MrMayus

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredarius View Post
I have no idea what jungling is, so I assume I never do it, but I just want to make sure what exactly it is. From the conversation, I'm guessing it's just killing creeps in the forest and not in a lane?
Yup, cycling around killing the neutral creeps.

yatenkun

02-20-2010

Jungling( i think ) should never be more than when your creeps are pushing tower. If i play with someone like udyr then i don't leave tower alone too long.
Warwick is another question,
however i must agree that even though jungling looks like 1 champ is getting xp quicker than 2 champions in the same lane, but its much slower than getting that XP solo. only slightly faster than 2 champs on one lane.
and yes then towers are dead, its very easy to gank for 2 people 1 person....

GENERAL NUTBAKED

02-20-2010

this is not true. I play Gankmumu alot, which is essentially a tank Amumu that excels at ganking. This means that I typically jungle at lv4, hitting golem first and then running around killing everything in the jungle except lizard (leave that for my carries), and eventually dragon around lv7. I tend to keep up just fine with the double lane while giving another carry some room to get fatter.

Jungling provides excellent map control. Your enemies are constantly afraid of where you might pop up and therefore may hesitate to initiate a fight that they may otherwise win. I also run around and snag every gank oppurtunity possible, therefore netting both myself and my team numerous kills. And when the need arises, I can get to a lane fast (hopefully) and defend it.

In games where I help out with numerous gank attempts (which always happens when my allies are competant for the most part), I can keep up with the solo mid in terms of level and also net a ton of gold. Dragon control, which is important as it provides a gold/exp bonus to your team that the other team does not get, is secured in part by Junglers. My teammates also are netting more kills due to my everlasting gank presence, and we can push more effectively. I can also show up to save peoples lives with toss/ult, which is great.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

02-20-2010

additional note:

good junglers expect wards. Its easy to juke them.

and the enemy team does not typically penetrate your side of the jungle to ward, unless they want to be major ganked.