Why Jungling SUCKS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

macsauce

02-19-2010

I absolutely hate junglers. They completely bring your chances of winning down for several reasons:

1) They can never keep up in level.

2) Enemy towers don't get pushed.

3) Team towers get pushed.

4) NO it doesn't help you to have 2 solos. 95% of the time, the side lane soloer has to constantly blue pill due to the 2v1 harassment.

5) They have horrible map awareness and only decide to gank/push on THEIR own terms.

I am officially dodging jungle *****s with smite from now on.

Zaysus

02-19-2010

6) They steal your golem and lizard buffs and use them to jungle more.

h34dhun73r

02-19-2010

Well these problems may happen often to you in solo queue, but Jungling is a viable way to play the game and win. However if you PUG a jungler it can be a problem, I find that Jungling is very effective if your team plans for it not so much if your solo-queuing.

1. know that you have a jungle, and pick 2 solo/carry heros (one that can handle that 2v1).

2. this person should be creeping the enemies jungle this helps your team by allowing you to get buffs from your side while they cannot.

3. DRAGON DRAGON DRAGON this helps the whole team...Period! global xp and gold with 2x solo/carry heroes

4. Jungle ends at lvl 6!(except dragon) you jungle, let 2 heros solo, hit lvl 6, then gank thats it there is no secret.

basically jungling with someone on your team that has a brain is a big advantage not the other way around. Map control wins games in the long run, but again I'm not disagreeing with you if you have a lvl 15 udyr in the jungle with 0/0/0 KDA I'd be pissed too.

Vijaya

02-19-2010

Hey h34d, think you could write a 'how to jungle' guide? Looks like you've got some great advice and I'd love to hear more ^.^

Argent Shaman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2010

Jungling rarely works well in Solo Queue just so you know. Jungling only works well in premades because of the ability to communicate, and having it set up so that someone capable of soloing vs a duo lane is taken into consideration.

Jungling is actually very useful and can give your team the nice advantage of having two higher levels on your team to their one. Also a jungler who isn't ******ed can keep up in level with the duo lane you have or if they have been setting up good ganks they can be close to the same level as your solo. Another good point for jungling is jungle control via getting dragon everytime it's up (which gives your team a nice gold advantage) and controlling the neutrals on the enemy side of the map.

So just because you've had bad luck, most likely due to having a lower elo, doesn't mean that Jungling is bad. The person just has to know what they are doing and know of to be a good team player. Also asking for ganks from the junler can work wonders for the solo lane, netting a possible double kill and some good pushing on the tower.

~Argent

zoau

02-19-2010

i have similar experiences with jungling in solo q lvl1 junglers. however some really shined at it. conditions have to be good, meaning someone can handle a solo vs 2 in a bushy sidelane. 1 vs 2 wont get kills but all the famr he wants. i have done that with sivir for junglers and i have done it with singed too but that was a lucky game. someone will make a jungling pro list in this thread im sure and my favorite is buff control and map awareness plus a champ the others cant call mia. takes good conditions to pull off like said and those are rarely given in solo q.
also i hate it when they go jungle at lvl 1 and take smite and rally for it. chances are they either get ganked or are so painfully slow they dont get xp. better approach would be going in at lvl 2 or 3, you dont need to waste 2 spells on it and are probably first in the forest or at least there before a possible enemy jungler can farm your side.

flankd

The Council

02-19-2010

Really depends on whose jungling, it's a risk vs reward type scenario... having a jungler can be extremely beneficial. It's important that you have a team balanced around jungling, if people are just going to pick whatever champions they want to play and that's it, then don't be surprised if it doesn't turn out well.

a) Your jungler needs to be aware of the minimap, and help defend a lane when necessary, he also needs to make sure he's ganking whenever possible.

b) the people holding the lanes, need to not push them... last hit only, which forces the other team to push your tower making them much easier to gank

c) you need to have a competent player/champion in the side lane soloing 1v2... ashe, annie, tristana, nidalee, sivir, morgana, soraka, malphite can even do it pretty well with a doran's shield and his passive.

d) when you see the jungler getting ganked or running into enemies on their side of the jungle, middle lane + whichever side lane needs to immediately run to him for support.. i can't tell you how many times i see a jungler die just because his team didn't want to risk dying themselves by helping him out.

don't dodge junglers, you're not helping anybody by doing this... instead, why don't you learn how to jungle yourself on multiple champions so you can help critique the players that are doing it wrong, being nice goes a long way too... don't just be like "omfg jungling noob afk!"

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2010

having a jungler when half your team has experience runes and masteries + a zilean on your team is great fun

jungling is viable, you just need good communication, and any good jungler will not lag behind in levels, some junglers even stay on par with solos apparently

Kesshisan

Recruiter

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce View Post
I absolutely hate junglers. They completely bring your chances of winning down for several reasons:

1) They can never keep up in level.
This is simply not true. Even with 0 kills I can be 1 level below the 2 solo lanes while jungling. This means, that I am 1-2 levels above the two in the duo lane. Jungling can be a huge asset to your team, when done properly.

littleevil

02-19-2010

i just have been ina game that i could have sworn we were going to loose
3 early ganks went bad 5 to 1 early game for enemy team
but we got into a 5 man roam , our JUNGLING fidle had a 2 or 3nice ultis that wiped their team and we won the game
junglers are fine