Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ZAM.com:: League of Legends: Growing Up All On Its Own

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

02-19-2010

Quote:
It seems as though February may be a month of looking back, as we just recently took another look at NCsoft's Aion to see what they were (or were not!) doing almost five months after their launch in September. Riot Games' League of Legends was also launched within a similar time frame, but their story (and update schedule) is a much happier tale. In fact, no other game, MMO or otherwise, has ever undergone such immense changes over the past few months as Riot Games' fantastically popular free-to-play MMO-RTS hybrid, League of Legends.

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=21630

Sr Kundo

Recruiter

02-19-2010

awesome

and even though there have been server issues from time to time, i thank you guys for your continued effort for your ever growing community. I love the game and will continue to play.

oh and IP WEEKEND LETS GET PLAYING!

notliam

Recruiter

02-19-2010

Way to brag, jeez

I started playing a week or so before Christmas and I gotta admit I love the attitude to updating. Fortnightly patches and sneak peaks of upcoming changes in the test realm forum, plus the way the staff actively comments on the forum - specifically the last part, that is very nice.

Go LoL :]

Ub3rGoob3r

Recruiter

02-19-2010

<3

Benoit

Recruiter

02-19-2010

GG Riot

Razerwind

02-19-2010

"As well, while there are lots of incredibly fun moments to be had in League of Legends, much of the endgame degenerates into who can get their team to stay together to push. While teamwork is great for LoL, the constant mobbing does inhibit the games' strategic depth, as games with one or two uncooperative players simply become 30 minute wastes of time."

Very, very true. Good article, and I hate to quote the negativity, but it really is the only thing wrong with this game. Losing because of 1 or 2 people shouldn't be so annoying.

BTW I can't believe Riot has added so many champions since release. Hell I'd expect to only have 1 new champ at this point since launch.

Korcannus

02-19-2010

im mad cuz i actually spent money on Aion thinking it was gonna be beast. boy was i mistaken....

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

02-19-2010

Quote:
After about two dozen games (most of which are quite short in comparison to the longer DotA games), players should be able to purchase one or two of their favourite heroes - forever.

I guess thats middle of the price scale, but theres plenty you can buy after 4 wins.

Guul

02-19-2010

front page!

Clifferd

02-19-2010

ohoooh i saw MordeKaiser.