Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dark Wind 3 or 4 for Fiddlesticks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiddle5ticks

02-19-2010

I'm trying to decide at what level of Dark Wind I shoud start putting more points into Dratin. I use to stop at Drain 2 and max out Fear and Dark Wind before I starting to finish out Drain. But then I realized that Dark Wind 5 was not alway necdessary and I reduced it to 4. That is what I have been doing lately and a typical skill order miight look like : e w q w q r e q e q r e q w w r w e. BUt now I'm considering only doing Dark Wind 3 to upgrade Drain even earlier. The build might look like:

e w q w q r e q e w r q w q w r e e.

I've been usig Drain more effectively and while Dark Wind is very good (especially late game), maybe I don't need to get it so high so early?

AGCrew Bloodwolf

02-19-2010

My advice is to just get 1 point in Drain for emergency situations (not in actual combat either unless u can get a kill or they flee), and max out Fear and Dark Wind. Dark Wind is one of the best farming/silencing spells in the game, and the additional seconds in Fear will help you get kills or save urself/save an ally from death.

If you are going Junglesticks tho, u might need more pts into Drain.

Fiddle5ticks

02-19-2010

Yeah, that's why I use to just get Drain 2 (to make golem easier). But recently as I've been able to amass more AP (through Meijas and such) I've noticed that drain can do an insane amount of damage. Having a strong drain to use with the crowstorm/drain/exhaust combo has definitely increased a success rate of many a gank. Any drain build fiddle players with some thoughts? Although I guess those guys just go all drain and no dark wind.....