Ping sound too silent now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

danielklein

08-23-2009

I think it was in the most recent patch that the ping sounds were reduced in volume. I know the entire settings menu is pretty much a placeholder right now, but if there's one thing that really needs separate sliders it's volume settings for different types of sounds:

Interface
Game
Music
Announcer

At the moment I often overhear/look a ping if I'm on voice chat at the same time.

Rev

Recruiter

08-24-2009

It may be counter-productive, but I liked the change. I've played with WAY too many people that just spam the hell out of it.

Anansi

Adjudicator

08-26-2009

This is an interesting question. Ideally, I think the volume of ping should be high enough so that people paying attention to the game - and the game only - would hear it over music, battle sounds, and the announcer... But that a dude spamming it would not cause massive ear bleeding in his team.

I'm no sound engineer by all means, but I think this could pretty much be achieved through slight ajustments of the frequencies used, not just sheer volume.

Guillotine

Recruiter

08-27-2009

I want listen music in game, but sounds silence music, agreed with topic starter, need different volume settings