Guide judgment, guides worth reading

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2011

I was recently going through the guides to see what maokai guides were out, cause im going to write one, and I read the only one out.

It's a bad guide.

And I realized i've seen alot of bad guides lately and i saw someone else complain about it, so I'm appointing myself judge, of course people can come to the thread and discuss if yall think I misjudged a guide, you know if i say one is bad and u come in and say it worked fine for you then I will adjust.

This way people wont have to sift so much.

here we go
AKALI

Akali by the numbers by kmchii -
9 out of 10 Very comprehensive and goes into great detail, excellent read. However, it sometimes may be too detailed for some people, which is the only reason it isn't a 10. It might take you a bit to find out what you wanna know since it's so huge if you don't want to read the whole thing.

ALISTAR

A pubstomping Alistar by sumutherguy
6.5 out of 10 I checked out his profile and he is unranked. Limited ranked experience often means a less effective guide. He did however mention this in said guide. It isn't quite comprehensive, and isn't very flexible. He offers some alternate builds doesn't go into very good detail as to why he chose those specific items, which is kind of important in non conventional builds. Not a horrible guide, but I would skip it unless you are already a good ali and are looking for different takes on how he is played.

AMUMU

Burning Heart Amumu by Eleventh

10 out of 10. An Exceptionally well written guide it covers everything from runes to playstyle, alternate builds, combos. It's well organized and easy to find what you want, complete with video examples. Amumu is his most played char and his ranked score is respectable. If you are looking to play amumu, this should be your Go-to guide.

NASUS
Hyfe's Guide to the Competitive Nasus by Hyfe
10 out of 10. It covers all the bases needed to cover by a guide, has videos, addresses common problems and questions. You shouldn't have any doubt in your mind of how to play nasus after this.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2011

reserved for list

Owl Be Back

04-02-2011

another reserve

Kalshazzak

04-02-2011

Dunkelzahn's(sp?) Poppy guide, Hyfe's Nasus guide, and the jungle Nunu; early game ganking, late game tanking are probably the top 3 guides made. So make sure to read them to better your idea of what good guides should be like.

Owl Be Back

04-02-2011

Also if anyone has any guides they highly recommend let me know so i can check them out first

Al3xander

04-02-2011

A good initiative, but please allow me to say why this thread is useless:

1. leaguecraft and other neat sites already have a great rating system implemented.

2. Those ratings are based off the opinions of many people, and thefore arent restricted to a single individual's opinion.

Hope this will help you understand why people aren't bumping your thread.

Best of luck.

Owl Be Back

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xander View Post
A good initiative, but please allow me to say why this thread is useless:

1. leaguecraft and other neat sites already have a great rating system implemented.

2. Those ratings are based off the opinions of many people, and thefore arent restricted to a single individual's opinion.

Hope this will help you understand why people aren't bumping your thread.

Best of luck.

ur right....

Nomfood

04-16-2011

Mobafire: Janna - cause your girlfriend cant blow good enough by Panglot (not only for the name), also Panglot's wards guide

space bbang

05-05-2011

The Akali guide wasn't made by me. While i wish I was able to go that in depth, it was created by kodama3.

mine is http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=250