[Request] New Ryze build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StayPhrosty

02-18-2010

Hey guys, I'm a new LoL player, and for the past week or so I've been playing Ryze and have really come to like him, but recently I seem to be having trouble, and I'm pretty sure it's becasue of the new balancing on Ryze. I was just hoping someone could give me a basic guide. Just like an item list and maybe spells too. I'm not looking for a lot, it's just that I'm having trouble finding the line between AP and survivability. I'm not even lvl 30, so if you could assume it's playing PUGs or maybe with 1 friend and hardly any runes/masteries that would be great.

Airazor

02-19-2010

I made this guide last week:

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...209#post672209

it pretty much covers 3 builds which all have survivability in mind, while doing bulk damage

StayPhrosty

02-19-2010

okay, cool build I guess I'll try it once the serves go back up, but what item do you get first? No tear or catalyst? I mean, if you really have no idea how well the other team will be, you just buy sorc boots? Please elaborate, as I have persomally been getting sapphire crystal, then either catalyst or tear for my first trip back.

JoeCool808

02-19-2010

Hey i pretty much follow this guy's guide
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=57372

Sapphire crystal with some pots
upgrade to catalyst get boots
sorc boots
turn catalyst into veil (usually) or rod of ages (if the team really needs offense or it's easy going)
From here I get AP and Mana items:
Rylais is good for more health and AP (plus the slow)
Archangles is good (more mana = more damage for overload)
Void Staff (cheap AP and 40% pen)
and whatever else that has a blasting wand
I put my first point in spell flux because it has the lowest CD for lvl 1 ganking, and then rune prison, then overload, and rune prision again. (according to his guide rune prison gets more damage as you add points compared to the other two spells) by level four you can really start burst damaging people
I try to start with spell flux if i can because of the MR reduction

His guide is great at talking about how to survive
Bringing flash and ghost and utilizing them for running away and surprising your enemy for ganks
Survivability comes first
Shooting a weaker combo and running away then coming back for another combo > strong combo and dying

StayPhrosty

02-19-2010

yeah, i read his guide, and there's a lot in there that will be useful, but it's after reading a guide like that that i posted this. i'm really looking for a good item build for low lvl stuff, noobs, low lvls, and PUGs. it seems that i used to be able to 1 shot squishies, but these days i am forced to put more into survivability, which (as stated in the guide above) is not a bad thing, but for me personally, when i go back for that killing blow, i seem to not be able to get away, even with ghost and cleanse (i dont have flash yet). perhaps those mercury treads are more worth it than sorc boots when i'm a little behind.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2010

for really really low levels... you may want to just do this:
Doran's Ring + HP Pot
Doran's Ring + Boots and more HP pots
Then either make Mercury Treads, or Mobility boots (I like mobility boots to get me in and out when I need to, swiftness boots work pretty well also - Merc is probably best for you to counter snare/stun spam)
Then you can either max inventory with Doran's Rings for HP+AP+Mana Regen, or make Hearts of Golds. You then sell a Heart late game and build a banshee's veil, so on. This is easy mode for low level games. (not so bad for high level either surprisingly).

I'd probably max out defensive masteries first with 1 point in ghostwalk. just to make things easier.

Samus Araan

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPhrosty View Post
yeah, i read his guide, and there's a lot in there that will be useful, but it's after reading a guide like that that i posted this. i'm really looking for a good item build for low lvl stuff, noobs, low lvls, and PUGs. it seems that i used to be able to 1 shot squishies, but these days i am forced to put more into survivability, which (as stated in the guide above) is not a bad thing, but for me personally, when i go back for that killing blow, i seem to not be able to get away, even with ghost and cleanse (i dont have flash yet). perhaps those mercury treads are more worth it than sorc boots when i'm a little behind.
Without Flash your survivability will suffer greatly. Use Merc Treads until you get it, and maybe use Heal as your secondary, or Ignite if you are always just missing kills. Flash will make an enormous difference to your survivability, and you will like Ryze A LOT more once you have it

Merovinge

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Araan View Post
Without Flash your survivability will suffer greatly. Use Merc Treads until you get it, and maybe use Heal as your secondary, or Ignite if you are always just missing kills. Flash will make an enormous difference to your survivability, and you will like Ryze A LOT more once you have it
The efficacy of Annie, Fiddle, and Ryze will really go up if Riot listens to the masses and turns flash into a slightly longer range skill that deactivates upon taking champion damage. Tank initiation followed by a flashing in ryze with desperate powered flux is just rampage until very late game.