Suggestion for fixing "ELO hell" problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gingervite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2011

People say its luck based off who gets the baddie, and that decides who wins/loses. So how about an automated system that locks you out of ranked until you accumulate some better scores? Not necessarily wins, just instead of going 0/100/0 you get a passable score. Or if you leave too many games you have to go a certain number of games in unranked without getting "leaver". This would reduce the QQing about ELO hell possibly. Just a thought.

Krshna

04-02-2011

its Elo not ELO. it isnt an acronym. it does not stand for anything.

Elo is the last name of the creator, Arpad Elo, of the Elo ranking system

dont say ELO.

Gingervite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2011

I'd assumed it was like people capping the L on Lol and such stuff, wasn't aware of that.

nr20

04-02-2011

You have to be lvl 30, I think that's plenty restricted.

Gingervite

04-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr20 View Post
You have to be lvl 30, I think that's plenty restricted.
If you played ranked you would know how untrue that is. Anyone can eventually get to 30, just takes longer on losses.

Karalius

04-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingervite View Post
People say its luck based off who gets the baddie, and that decides who wins/loses. So how about an automated system that locks you out of ranked until you accumulate some better scores? Not necessarily wins, just instead of going 0/100/0 you get a passable score. Or if you leave too many games you have to go a certain number of games in unranked without getting "leaver". This would reduce the QQing about ELO hell possibly. Just a thought.
better solution, make everyone read and understand what i explained in this thread:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=615727
boom, no more "its luck based".

Gingervite

04-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalius View Post
better solution, make everyone read and understand what i explained in this thread:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=615727
boom, no more "its luck based".
I've seen this thread, and it put into words what I already knew to make a friend of mine quite his *****ing. However it will never stop the QQing, especially from in game players who won't visit the forums. I fluctuate a range of about 200 (from 850ish to 1050ish) and couldn't really care less about if that's where I belong.

However when you look at it from the perspective of a single game, you don't see this long term "win some lose some." When you have time for one or two games on a work night, and you lose both three nights in a row, it can be pretty demoralizing, and thats what happened to me this week. When I join rank, I don't expect a win, but I expect a somewhat more serious attitude towards the game. If I start to constantly lose in ranked, and I feel its my fault and not some one else's, I'll go regain my composure in unranked, or even mess around in custom getting the goofs out. And it usually helps. I may not have won those games, and I may not win the ranked games when I start back up again, but I do feel that I've regained my composure and play better. This idea is along the lines of forcing people to either sharpen up or at least only be horrible (not bad, i mean HORRIBLE) in unranked.

TL;DR It's not about getting rid of the Elo hell concept, just making it a little more bearable.