I have come to the conclusion that MAOKAI needs a buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diggy Smallz

04-02-2011

I have played maokai a lot lately and have made polls with majority voting unbalanced and i think he does need some buffs. His damage is far too low and i hate the fact that his ult is capped, sometimes i begin to run away from my enemy thinking my last atk will do the job aha, any thoughts?

Etgfrog

04-02-2011

well...i've been having a good time with maokai, just build him as a tank, few ap items here and there that can also help your tank build, but i've sat there tanking the entire enemy team for 15 seconds under the ultimate while my teamates run in and start killing.

Diggy Smallz

04-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etgfrog View Post
well...i've been having a good time with maokai, just build him as a tank, few ap items here and there that can also help your tank build, but i've sat there tanking the entire enemy team for 15 seconds under the ultimate while my teamates run in and start killing.
what items are you getting?

Etgfrog

04-02-2011

Normaly i start off with doran's ring for the hp and mp/s, mercury trends, rylai's crystal scepter, zhyonya's hourglass, frozen heart, force of nature, warmonger's armor(sell doran's ring when you go for this)

This is my ideal setup but usualy games are decided before that, I like zhoynya's since you can use twisted advance strait into the enemy group then use zhoynya's to make them waste alot of thier initial attacks, as soon as you break from it use your ulti ontop of you and start spamming skills.

nr20

04-02-2011

The biggest problem I have with Maokai is his lacking in the spammable department. He's good but he's not "that" good.

flokiaAOE

04-02-2011

lets see 2 hp quints 1 magic pen
magic pen reds
armor yellow
Mr blue or cd reduction

masteries 9 offensive 21 defensive (strenght of spirit)

max R>E=W >Q (but u will need to have 2 points in it till lvl 11)

chalice of harmony
Heart of gold
ionia boots
RoA
aegis of the legion
rylai or abyssal or randuin

i had the same problem as u my friend and i thought that he needs buffs till i came up with this build.... try it it may help u

seriously he is fine maybe more than fine...