Battle Now on the Winter Games Map

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rezengu

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
Don't be silly, nobody from Austrailia plays LoL!

They're all too busy drinking Fosters and watching Neighbours and banning small breasts...
Home and away!

Kalika

02-18-2010

I wish I didn't just buy an IP boost an hour ago.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-18-2010

IP boost time. I'm living it.

Omnipotence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-18-2010

See, even maps deserve the occasional skin sometimes. Can't wait to try it.

Socsajer

02-18-2010

is this permanent? hey why there is no philippines?

One Who Balls

02-18-2010

First no Australian skin, and i was like, I guess thats alright.

But no flag even, Riot hates Australia :O

nrouns

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrumb View Post
Bundle up, summoners! In our announcement of the League of Legends 2010 Winter Games Celebration, we mentioned that on the second weekend of the event, the winter map would be replaced with a special Winter Games map. Well, the time has come for the battle to commence on the Winter Games themed Summoner's Rift!

Available now until the end of the Winter Games Celebration (March 2), you can clash on the snowy Fields of Justice amidst many Winter Games inspired map changes. There's winter sports gear and country flags galore, with a bit of extra love for Winter Games host country Canada : ) If you’ve been logged into LoL since before this post, you may need to re-log in to access the map.

Also don't forget that Double IP Weekend starts tomorrow. From Friday until Sunday, all League of Legends players will earn double IP. To get the most out of your boost, you can visit the Store to buy an additional boost, available for 20% off this weekend. This will stack with your free boost and quadruple (!!!!) your IP gain.

We'll see you on the battlefield!
I have never really been mad at this game before, but I am right now. You could of given us some more advance notice on the 20% discount IP. I bought mine just before this was announced, and honestly it isn't fair. I get the same IP boost for the same amount of time as everyone else this weekend, for 20% more??? Thanks, but no thanks.

I check the updates several times a day just so this kind of thing doesn't happen. This is my last riot point purchase, my last two were countered by discounts after I bought stuff. I was going to buy the remaining champions I had left to buy this weekend after I got paid, but I decided it isn't worth it. I mean, why buy ANYTHING anymore unless it is on sale, because lets face it... wait a few days and it will be.

Danchevy

02-18-2010

YAY fail more trying to keep us happy until you can manage to get one new map out...

You do realize instead of spending time designing a map with come flags on it people would like to have a new challenge to play, a new map... maybe the start of season 1 sometime soon.

We dont care what the **** looks like, we want actual new content that adds more challenges to the game, and that doesnt mean new characters...

Ad Victoriam

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrumb View Post
Bundle up, summoners! In our announcement of the League of Legends 2010 Winter Games Celebration, we mentioned that on the second weekend of the event, the winter map would be replaced with a special Winter Games map. Well, the time has come for the battle to commence on the Winter Games themed Summoner's Rift!

Available now until the end of the Winter Games Celebration (March 2), you can clash on the snowy Fields of Justice amidst many Winter Games inspired map changes. There's winter sports gear and country flags galore, with a bit of extra love for Winter Games host country Canada : ) If you’ve been logged into LoL since before this post, you may need to re-log in to access the map.

Also don't forget that Double IP Weekend starts tomorrow. From Friday until Sunday, all League of Legends players will earn double IP. To get the most out of your boost, you can visit the Store to buy an additional boost, available for 20% off this weekend. This will stack with your free boost and quadruple (!!!!) your IP gain.

We'll see you on the battlefield!
Can we opt out of this map in matchmaking? The regular winter map already gives me performance issues without all the extra flags...

I like the sentiment, I really do, but this will seriously have a negative effect on my enjoyment of the game...

Taryn

Recruiter

02-18-2010

This is a great idea for a weekend event to bring people into the game, and a great way to incorporate real major world events into LoL.

I definitely approve. Great job, Riot!

123456 ... 10