Creating more maps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WindStorm85

04-01-2011

I play almost everyday and im just a little tired to see alway the same map, it could be very very fun, for example, to have a random map when u play a 3vs3 or 5vs5. Have a fire world, ice world, something different u know? since few months, we have a new champ every two week but i dont see many new map...

thanks.

Goatbear

04-03-2011

I agree whole heartedly. I would love to see a greater variety of maps, and given the engine this game is built on it shouldn't be overly difficult to put one out every month or two.
Some suggestion:

- 3 vs 3 vs 3 map set in a triangle with one lane going to each enemy team's base.

- 2 vs 2 single lane across the top and large area for jungling below.

- Maps with a series of controllable "check points" i.e. turrents which are captured and converted after a respawn timer, rather then destroyed.

- 2 lane 5 vs 5 with lanes that converge in the center and reseperate, so that minions from an unchecked lane will continue to slow and reduce reinforcements.

- Alternate lane routes which can be unlocked by defeating a specific mob, allowing your minions to take a short cut, or bypass a single turrent.

-Maps with no lanes, no minons, few or no turrents, and alternate objectives such as King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, or even just Highest Kill Count.

That is only a few off the top of my head, there are dozens of other (better?) possibilities as well.

Asund

04-03-2011

Agreed.

SlickWillyz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2011

What about a 5 v 5 with the normal 3 lanes, but the top and bottom lane make an X, the bottom lane goes _/'''''' and the top lane goes ''''''''\_ so that they intersect with the middle lane to make a gigantic fray in the center.

migty1joe

04-05-2011

Logic tells me that before season 2 starts at july 2 months from now, we will get graphic update and magma. So season 2 in magma chamber. But thats just logic. +i like that 3angle map idea 2vs2vs2.

Soulwake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

I understand that maps take more time than champs and that the maps have a different team working on them than the champs, but how long exactly does it take? This map better be amazing since the "map team" has been working on it for months and almost into years. Better yet, they hopefully are coming out with multiple maps or more play styles with the time they have been given.