In need of a Jax Item Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pezmaster

02-18-2010

Title says it all. I know very little about him as I usually play ranged or magic characters. Can anyone lend a hand.

Atalasia

02-19-2010

I have no intention of writing a guide here but here are some basic ideas on Jax.

- Bulk of Jax damage comes from magic. Don't ignore empower and ult. AP on jax is never a waste. 1:1 ap: damage ratio with leap strike and ur ult.

- Unlike any other melee dpsers, Jax does not depend on crit to damage.

-Jax has a ****ty health. Dodge does not cover magic so purely stacking dodge isn't worth it. Unless you are fighting with 5 melee or ranged dpsers. With runes, masteries, ur skill, and ninja tabi, you will get around 25% dodge which is good enough. You will not be able to spam your counterstrike because of the cooldown.

Item Build(this is in order):

-Ninja Tabi(or Mercury Treads)
-Frozen Mallet
-Guinsoo's Rageblade

These are core item build.

Other items:

Phantom Dancer: Only get it if u didn't start with ninja tabi. Note that PD only gives dodge once you actually complete it and that costs 3300 gold.

Quicksilver Sash or Banshee's Veil: Get it if magic hurts(yes, even if you already have Mercury Treads). It will save you.

Sheen: sometimes works.

And usually game ends here. If not, get Malady or AS items your ult will proc more often.

(Lifesteal on Jax is a waste. You don't steal life with your ult or any of you abilities. And as I said bulk of Jax's damage comes from magic.)

xSJx

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalasia View Post
I have no intention of writing a guide here but here are some basic ideas on Jax.

- Bulk of Jax damage comes from magic. Don't ignore empower and ult. AP on jax is never a waste. 1:1 ap: damage ratio with leap strike and ur ult.

- Unlike any other melee dpsers, Jax does not depend on crit to damage.

-Jax has a ****ty health. Dodge does not cover magic so purely stacking dodge isn't worth it. Unless you are fighting with 5 melee or ranged dpsers. With runes, masteries, ur skill, and ninja tabi, you will get around 25% dodge which is good enough. You will not be able to spam your counterstrike because of the cooldown.

Item Build(this is in order):

-Ninja Tabi(or Mercury Treads)
-Frozen Mallet
-Guinsoo's Rageblade

These are core item build.

Other items:

Phantom Dancer: Only get it if u didn't start with ninja tabi. Note that PD only gives dodge once you actually complete it and that costs 3300 gold.

Quicksilver Sash or Banshee's Veil: Get it if magic hurts(yes, even if you already have Mercury Treads). It will save you.

Sheen: sometimes works.

And usually game ends here. If not, get Malady or AS items your ult will proc more often.

(Lifesteal on Jax is a waste. You don't steal life with your ult or any of you abilities. And as I said bulk of Jax's damage comes from magic.)
This was posted in another thread, and I tried it out. It kicks ass .