Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In need of a Jax Item Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pezmaster

02-18-2010

Title says it all. I know very little about him as I usually play ranged or magic characters. Can anyone lend a hand.

Atalasia

02-19-2010

I have no intention of writing a guide here but here are some basic ideas on Jax.

- Bulk of Jax damage comes from magic. Don't ignore empower and ult. AP on jax is never a waste. 1:1 ap: damage ratio with leap strike and ur ult.

- Unlike any other melee dpsers, Jax does not depend on crit to damage.

-Jax has a ****ty health. Dodge does not cover magic so purely stacking dodge isn't worth it. Unless you are fighting with 5 melee or ranged dpsers. With runes, masteries, ur skill, and ninja tabi, you will get around 25% dodge which is good enough. You will not be able to spam your counterstrike because of the cooldown.

Item Build(this is in order):

-Ninja Tabi(or Mercury Treads)
-Frozen Mallet
-Guinsoo's Rageblade

These are core item build.

Other items:

Phantom Dancer: Only get it if u didn't start with ninja tabi. Note that PD only gives dodge once you actually complete it and that costs 3300 gold.

Quicksilver Sash or Banshee's Veil: Get it if magic hurts(yes, even if you already have Mercury Treads). It will save you.

Sheen: sometimes works.

And usually game ends here. If not, get Malady or AS items your ult will proc more often.

(Lifesteal on Jax is a waste. You don't steal life with your ult or any of you abilities. And as I said bulk of Jax's damage comes from magic.)

xSJx

02-19-2010

Quote:
Atalasia:
I have no intention of writing a guide here but here are some basic ideas on Jax.

- Bulk of Jax damage comes from magic. Don't ignore empower and ult. AP on jax is never a waste. 1:1 ap: damage ratio with leap strike and ur ult.

- Unlike any other melee dpsers, Jax does not depend on crit to damage.

-Jax has a ****ty health. Dodge does not cover magic so purely stacking dodge isn't worth it. Unless you are fighting with 5 melee or ranged dpsers. With runes, masteries, ur skill, and ninja tabi, you will get around 25% dodge which is good enough. You will not be able to spam your counterstrike because of the cooldown.

Item Build(this is in order):

-Ninja Tabi(or Mercury Treads)
-Frozen Mallet
-Guinsoo's Rageblade

These are core item build.

Other items:

Phantom Dancer: Only get it if u didn't start with ninja tabi. Note that PD only gives dodge once you actually complete it and that costs 3300 gold.

Quicksilver Sash or Banshee's Veil: Get it if magic hurts(yes, even if you already have Mercury Treads). It will save you.

Sheen: sometimes works.

And usually game ends here. If not, get Malady or AS items your ult will proc more often.

(Lifesteal on Jax is a waste. You don't steal life with your ult or any of you abilities. And as I said bulk of Jax's damage comes from magic.)

This was posted in another thread, and I tried it out. It kicks ass .