Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Evelyn builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aemon Darkstar

04-02-2011

Personally, I play AP Evelynn. Why? Well, an assassin's role is to target the enemy's most wanted and kill them in short order. IMO, to be bursty you need some hard AP. Rylai's (Rabadon's if you get fed) + Lichbane has a ton of burst that allows you to really MASH squishies in a handful of seconds. AD is definitely better for sustained fights, but then, I don't believe you SHOULD be in sustained fights as a squishy assassin.
That said, always get at least 1 or 2 defensive items. Banshee's Veil is pretty much a must (everyone will CC lock you if they can the moment you de-stealth). Guardian Angel works REALLY well with her ult passive (i.e. if you get assists while reviving, the health boost applies and you revive with more health). If you can get your Boots 5, Lichbane, Rylai's, and Banshee's Veil, you can do some serious damage and still be difficult to kill. Flash+Stealth can get you out of many sticky situations.
Remember to go into battle after CCs are blown, and NEVER INITIATE unless you're finishing off a lone target or two.

Laning's kinda rough with her though, until you manage to get a Sheen, at which point you can roam and rake in some assists/kills. This is just how I play her and it works decently for me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

acosn

04-02-2011

Actually now that I think about it, guardian angel and inadvertently the small amount of survivability trinity force grants should be all the survivability you really need.

Even if you die your stealth's counter for triggering the actual stealth keeps rolling. By the time GA procs and you're up again stealth SHOULD be active. I'd argue that if you still died you weren't going to make it out anyways.

Ultimately its just too difficult to hammer out a specific build for evelynn because so much of it is reliant on what the other team is bringing to the table. In the current meta of stacking tanky high HP characters and CC? Yeah. You're probably going to need more survivability on Eve than you're used to. Hell, I'd consider building her tanky and only grabbing sheen, and then grabbing malady and a black cleaver to help push your allies DPS over your opponent's resistances.

And no, I'm all but convinced that there's no such thing as a "good" laning phase for evelynn. When it works its because your opponents were incredibly stupid, or you had a laning partner that has stupid strong synergy with you (IE, Veigar, pantheon and other characters that'd love the extra stun to work into their early game harrassment)