Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Evelyn builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aRchiBole

04-01-2011

I have been playing alot of jungle evelyn recently and had alot of succes with her as ad triforce build. Ap seems really meh after trying, at first I looked at her and said wtf it's sion but steathed only nubs build ad sion nonsence but then saw some guides and replays and really have engoyed the ad. I was though considering a sudo hibrid sorc boots-haunting guise-sheen-rageblade-bloodrazor thinking it would benifit from the as roid with ult and get use of madreds while geting magic pen for it which can benifit my q and e as well, anyone tryed something like this or thinks this is viable possibly? I have yet to have enough insentive to playtest it.

Maihes

04-01-2011

I have been having fun with Sword of Occult, Mejai's, Hextech Gunblade, Guinsoo, Triforce.

But I also play with a skilled Leblanc (crazy burst between us) so if we gank it is a guaranteed kill, I also don't jungle though. I just chill in lane harass and then roam once I get my 2/5 boots.

kwjnfkjsdg

04-01-2011

ppl please stop building hybrid eve. she plays as either a full out assassin or a pseudo carry.

go all ap or ad or go home.

for AP it's boots5, rabadons, lich bane. straight up assassin.
for AD it's more of a dps/carry, but her main role is still an assassin. she wont be able to take targets out as quick, but she will have a more sustained impact on a team fight.

i don't get why some ppl do sht like get nashor's tooth or guinsoo's on eve when you have a lichbane. you deal dps through lich bane procs.

Maihes

04-01-2011

Or you have decently hitting E and Q while still having 250+ AD.... and decent attack speed + ult attack speed.... it is viable, pure AP or pure AD is better then you are solo queueing and don't have guaranteed team work. If you have guaranteed team work, hybrid is far from useless.

I tried Nashor's build, dropped it for Occult, love it far more.

aRchiBole

04-01-2011

My issue with all the build as with all hybrids is that eve has a amazing roid for ad with her ult and she has ap mag dmg abilities, the issue is penetration, mag pen would scale with both your abilities and madreds which works with ult etc so it could possibly be viable, I did play test it and sheen rageblade gives nice early game power put then drops off untill you get madreds far too mutch so it was simply too expensive and this was a long game so I don't know, though victory. The ult is interesting and I wanna try more teemo style build with eve posssibly.

Vesax

04-01-2011

Not too familiar with AP eve, but from experience I think AP seems better. Usually the build -

Mobility boots - for traveling around and ganking quickly.
Sheen - Build into lich bane later
Mejai's - If you are doing well with ganks etc. Very good item if you get fed.
Lich bane - Build from Sheen
Deathcap - Depending on how I am doing I'll get this before lich bane.

uncle anime

04-01-2011

Quote:
Vesax:
Not too familiar with AP eve, but from experience I think AP seems better.

it's actually legitimately not because you have a single ability that scales with AP with a 6 second cooldown

you will actually do more burst building a trinity force and stacking the hell out of passive arpen than you will by building AP and you will be able to contribute to a teamfight instead of being blown up instantly

the best way to build evelynn is with as few damage items as possible and just focus on jacking up her survivability, you really just need trinity + ghostblade to kill low-armor people super quick if you can get around 31 passive arpen from runes and masteries

acosn

04-01-2011

AP works in theory.

It's just difficult to pull off. Incredibly difficult. And you need a lichbane, which isn't the easiest item to grab on the fly.

It works in the sense that if you can repeatedly find small groups of people and gank them your two abilities that scale off AP (1:1 ratio and a .7 ratio are very good, especially when one ability is cast-able more often than lichbane's proc can clock in) will be more than enough to do them in. Ravage has an extremely good AP ratio, and pain spike is extremely efficient in terms of mana spent per damage dealt.

Of course it's also less stable. You need that lichbane ASAP and that means getting moderately fed.

AD is just more stable since grabbing a madred's and rolling minor attack speed to proc the **** out of it means that even if you're not landing ganks you're getting creep kills.

If you find that as Evelynn you're being "blown up" instantly you're doing something wrong. Maybe your team is. Strictly speaking though the only time you should be getting nuked is when it's end game and everyone is farmed out, and the other team spotted you with an oracles. Evelynn genuinely wants to avoid team fights, and between her ult, her stealth, and the wards you should be buying that means that she's an incredibly effect pusher later game. You don't just want to avoid team fights, you want to make the other team pay by trying to insist on doing them.

Stacking survivability just begs for you to be reduced to little more than a stun, and a minor armor reduction when the other team catches on and starts building survivability themselves.

uncle anime

04-02-2011

Quote:
acosn:

Stacking survivability just begs for you to be reduced to little more than a stun, and a minor armor reduction when the other team catches on and starts building survivability themselves.

you have 75 flat armor pen with just a ghostblade thanks to ravage, you will tear through anyone who isn't buying serious armor to counter you. even if they are buying serious armor to counter you, a solid team has diversified damage, and if they're building armor for you it's likely they're neglecting MR which means your AP carry will get to do incredibly well

like this is actually the evelynn secret: her abilities already make her really good at dealing damage and thus all she really needs is one or two items that synergize well with her skills, allowing her to build survivability en masse without worrying about building massive amounts of damage

she's an extremely effective ganker and continues to remain relevant lategame with an AD/defense-heavy build whereas AP eve's greatest contribution (a high amount of burst) falls off quickly because she can do this a grand total of one time in a typical teamfight before people turn around and annihilate her. AP eve only works if you can catch people alone with their pants down, whereas AD still continues to be relevant in teamfights because you can dive into the backline and stun their carry and survive (perhaps not the teamfight, but long enough to provide a significant distraction for your team to exploit)

04-02-2011

Problem is that there are still better characters to hold that role. Xin, Renek, Poppy all can "dive into the backline and stun their carry and survive", while still retaining enough to make it out alive through the end of the teamfight.

I love Eve (first champ I bought), and I still like playing her, but I have to admit that there are better chars than her for that role now. Heck, Noct does a better job at being a stealth assassin with his ult, and his "stealth" doesn't come with the weaknesses of a standard invisibility.