dragon... how big of an advantage is it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ABYAY

02-19-2010

As some people have already said, every little bit counts, and the dragon is no exception to this.

I've seen a few high ELO matches, one in particular on youtube, and dragon control is vital to the flow of the game. If one team could take the first few dragon spawns, they would keep a high advantage throughout the game, and a mistaken death could be forgiven because of the EXP and gold advantage that was given. On the other hand, lack of dragon control would leave you and your team very strict on survival and farming anything possible, just to keep up.

Just like stealing the Baron buff, stealing dragon can also be a game-changing aspect, though it would be on much smaller grounds. Let's say the enemy team is doing dragon, and about 2/3 of the way down, your team engages the distracted enemy team. Dragon is beating on one of them as it is due to starting aggro, so you're at even MORE of an advantage. If someone on their team is still trying to take it down, that means a potential 5v4 in your favor. If that happens and you STILL manage to steal dragon (Smite, powerful nuke), then consider your team on the high ground. You just possibly scored an ace and a dragon to go with it. Now, push a tower, and again, more goodies for your team.

Dragon is important, end of story.

AIM7Sparrow

02-19-2010

It's essentially a universal champion kill in terms of gold and exp. You tell me if that's good or not.

Vordrax

02-19-2010

Ward the dragon, go after it every time it's up, gank anyone who tries to take it first. If you see any of them disappear after one of you engages it, setup a surprise for them. Conversely, put your backs to the wall and be ready to Flash.

It's incredibly valuable, as many have already said. 130 gold per- it's nearly a stealth ward in every lane, more than a vision ward, over 1/3 of an elixir, 10% of a Sheen. The earlier you get it, the better.

(I do believe the cooldown was increased to 6 minutes, but I could be wrong.)