Do you want the Spider Queen to join the League?

Yes 24,195 85.79%
No 4,008 14.21%
Voters: 28203. You may not vote on this poll

A challenge from Zileas himself, The Spider Queen needs you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tukoman

10-17-2012

tnx riot!!!

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopatroopa View Post
The old skin wouldn't work. I have always agreed with what the reds said about that.

We don't even know her abilites. She could be a minion champ, shapeshifting, trapdoor spider, we have no idea.

That teaser might not even be her final model. Just be happy she's finally here.
There's Bittersweet Lulu. I am not noting it as a classic default model for her. There are plenty of people that could get behind it. Gentleman Cho'Gath still had multiple showings even in the World Finals (not Battlecast) would indicate that the classic, refined look has an appeal to it. If you mean half-woman, half-spider as a concept...

Lots of the more youthful posts supporting in here were based around playing say Arachne on Smite and wishing for a similar version on LoL. Heck, I started bumping this thread because I played Broodmother on DOTA 2 and thought this would complete LoL for me!

You're correct we don't and that's the potential for overreaction. It's why I said in my previous post that I really hope I'm wrong in some way.

Thirdly, if I am proven wrong I will be happy as will most of General Discussion; I will spend the RP I specifically purchased to support her release. However, Riot themselves clearly asks that we make missteps. If you are not happy---voice it. I am aware Morello if he saw this would likely say 'chill' and wait; there has been a problem with the last few female champions having a bit of a similar look, so there is some cause for concern.

Flana Scarlet

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopatroopa View Post
The old skin wouldn't work. I have always agreed with what the reds said about that.
I'm going to be really mean:
"Spider Queen, as she was, doesn't fit the image of League. But the concept could be pretty cool..."

Right, she didn't look enough like a ***** to fit in.

Okay, cheap-o angry shot over with (And it wasn't fair, I know). That is her final model. Unless they do a massive overhaul (and by that, I mean the entire champion), then they would never announce her in the first place. She's at the end of the pipeline, what-you-see-is-what-you-get. Abilities (within a few parameters), lore, splash, none of that means jack in-game, which is where we'll be spending most of our time with her.

And that model, as it is, does not say 'Spider Queen' to me. It looks like some woman dressing up as a spider. I'm waiting until we see the animations or any of her abilities (she could be the new shapechanger we've heard about). However, I do not have high hopes. Zyra had an amazing concept behind her and was little more than 'sexy-woman wearing a few leaves', not anything that looked like it came from nature. She looks too much like Zyra for me to get my hopes up.

That said, Riot could very easily suprise us. I'll gladly eat my words and take it all back if the character works. I'm waiting to see more before writing her off. But the presentation is... sorely lacking.

Pestilence777

10-17-2012

i wasnt interested in a spider queen before, but now that i saw the splash art, im sold. she looks awesome!

im hoping for an ap melee with a ton of cc

Stampede EU

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakenbourrough View Post
Now she's a slim, attractive 20-something female who commands spiders instead of really being a spider queen. You know it'll happen.
Wow, it's both amazing and yet sad that this guy was actually right...

R2D2 Bot

10-17-2012

Riot, this is a spider queen:

360 Ignite It

10-17-2012

lT'S HAPPENING

Swanhaven

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frakenbourrough View Post
Now she's a slim, attractive 20-something female who commands spiders instead of really being a spider queen. You know it'll happen.
Holy carp, are you a wizard?

Nerokyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Morello I honestly thought you were trolling us all. It's not the spider queen I wanted, but I like it.

FaceCheckMyBush

10-17-2012

It's been a long time waiting, Riot. Good on ya, bros.