Do you want the Spider Queen to join the League?

Yes 24,196 85.79%
No 4,008 14.21%
Voters: 28204. You may not vote on this poll

A challenge from Zileas himself, The Spider Queen needs you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stanley Tweedle

08-18-2012

Ok, I've already submitted one idea which has been partially used (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=38870 -- check against Rengar ^_^)

Now, my suggestion for a spider queen...

Q'rach'na (there isn't a single champion starting with the letter Q, and she obviously needs to have some reference to Cho'gath)

Passive: (1)when at 15% health, Q'rach'na starts spewing webs which slow down all enemies entering it by 30%; (2) Q'rach'na stores a venom gland counter every 10 seconds (max.: 5 counters).
Q: Spiderlings - (active) Q'rach'na spawns 1/2/3 spiderling(s) similar to Malzahar's which slow down enemies (attacking those closest to them) by 10% and deal true damage similar to a cannon minion; (passive) whenever in a bush, Q'rach'na lays down eggs every 15 seconds; these eggs don't give visual but spawn an immobilizing web (1/2/3 sec) and a spiderling every time an enemy champion walks in their proximity.
W: Venom - Q'rach'na imbues her next basic attack with venom gland counters, dealing 7.5/15/30/50 magic damage for every counter stored over 6 seconds
E: Spring - Q'rach'na jumps to the target area, dealing magic damage equal to AD+AP to her enemy
R: Rebirth - Q'rach'na gives birth to a number of spiderlings equal to 2/4/6 times her venom counters and turns into an invulnerable coccoon, rebirthing after 5/4/3 seconds at the opposite of her remaining health

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

The kit sounds fun xD But hey... why no reference to Urgot > Cho'Gath gets all that Void love already.

The kit seems fun o.o Albeit a bit OP... potentially with all that CC/push potential/invulnerability

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

6 until 22,100

Maleficus Nex

08-18-2012

I personally don't care if it's specifically a Spider Queen (though that would be badass), so long as we get a Spider (Urgot doesn't count, he is a crab... thing). If the whole Victorian appearance is a "niche" as Zileas suggests, then why not make that a skin for said niche and appeal to the masses with a Gothic classic skin (see: Nerubians)?

As for the kit, Rengar's interaction with the brush is just the tip of the iceberg. Sure, there are plenty of opportunities with eggs (see: Zyra's seeds) or web traps (see: any number of trap abilities), but what I would like to see, would fit perfectly with the Spider theme (see: Retrospective where @Ryze emphasizes "Theme"), and would to my knowledge be a unique mechanic is interaction with walls. Not walking on them, necessarily -- wall-walking could raise many balancing issues -- but perhaps a skillshot leap, of sorts, where the Spider could leap a short distance to bite, but gained additional leaps if jumping from wall to wall. This would, similar to Rengar play, lead a skilled player to lure opponents into the environment in which the Champion thrives, or make a clutch retreat into the jungle. If that mechanic sounds too complicated or unwieldy, then perhaps a trap which the player may either cast on the ground, where it affects a small area and remains visible, or "spin" between walls (about the width of jungle paths max) to enhance the effect and stealth the trap.

Just my thoughts on the Spider.

tl;dr -- Mechanics which involve the walls would work well with a Spider themed Champion. Spiders are cool. The League should have a Spider. Riot, make the Spider so I can throw my money at you.

Muranodo

08-18-2012

2 until 22,100.

ScottyRawr

08-19-2012

Voted.

Healurownbum

08-19-2012

Good morning Bump <3

Halomate2434

08-19-2012

bmp

Be My First

08-19-2012

Bump!

Muranodo

08-19-2012

Bump for the 22,200 angle now