Do you want the Spider Queen to join the League?

Yes 24,198 85.79%
No 4,009 14.21%
Voters: 28207. You may not vote on this poll

A challenge from Zileas himself, The Spider Queen needs you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nelvard

08-05-2012

Bump

Golf Chang

08-05-2012

Bumpadump

I kinda what that sand champion that was hinted also..

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Sand King! Oh wait. Wrong game. >.>

Spider Queen bump.

TheLastBaron88

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
Legality issues. It's an outlet to prevent general discussion from being flooded with the content (because obviously people are going to get champion ideas).

The alternative would be what...

A) Sign a long disclaimer when joining the forums that says Riot can use your idea if so herein presented

- Then you'd have challenges about readability / whether it's valid or a trick on consumer rights. I'm not in business law; I can see something like this happening. Even if they win it's bad publicity and bad for the community.

Or they could ask; it's kind of hard to get a written contract all set up with miles apart. Assuming that's how that would have to work outsourcing-wise. I'm not sure how it goes again.

And as mentioned they can loosely derive inspiration. That's how we have Lee Sin, Battle Bunny Riven, Surprise Party Fiddlesticks, Gentleman Cho'Gath, etc. So while they can't take it directly if they see some component or the like they can jump from there. It's why so many League of Legends champions have notable influences.

Diana, for instance, recently with Claymore (anime/manga). Spider Queen was already worked on some, so I don't think there's any doubt about her being made. It's just a matter of when.

Keep in mind this is a very old post before the support was really there. Also, it was more of an explanation about her old design concept.

Not sure what they have in mind now for her design-wise (there's so many different spider-woman hybrid images alone), so it'll be interesting.
I would be willing to sign a waiver. Maybe through Fax? Still kinda weird that they would have to ask, since putting an idea in a public forum should basically enter it into the public domain. But I'm not a lawyer. Still, the idea of a good jungler with cc to disrupt team fights and poison to finish fleeing enemies... What's not to love? Thumbs up for Arachnophobia!

SeriousWeapon

08-05-2012

bump

ImNotKarl

08-05-2012

If she's made, I am SERIOUSLY hoping for a Doctor Who skin from The Runaway Bride episodes. I have been boycotting buying RP because of the crappy customer service and because Riot has developed this tendency to ignore the community, but I would totally buy that.

Choco Princess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

seeing that this should be redone as an important way to further fleshout the LoL metaverse she could even serve as the love interest for urgot

Choco Princess

08-06-2012

bumping before i sleep

Healurownbum

08-06-2012

Bump

Muranodo

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBaron88 View Post
I would be willing to sign a waiver. Maybe through Fax? Still kinda weird that they would have to ask, since putting an idea in a public forum should basically enter it into the public domain. But I'm not a lawyer. Still, the idea of a good jungler with cc to disrupt team fights and poison to finish fleeing enemies... What's not to love? Thumbs up for Arachnophobia!
If you look at the gaming industry, you have debacles like Bethesda trying to sue for the concept of Scrolls in a fantasy game due to the Elder Scrolls. Or something along those lines. Basically, legal battles could still ensue.

Also, if an idea was integrated by non-staff, there was a Rioter who commented that the community would then say why that person. Their idea sucks. Mine is better. Etc. So another element to not fool with as it'd make for more of a toxic element.