Do you want the Spider Queen to join the League?

Yes 24,187 85.79%
No 4,005 14.21%
Voters: 28192. You may not vote on this poll

A challenge from Zileas himself, The Spider Queen needs you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Healurownbum

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalcoVet101 View Post
Would love another "minion master" like Malz...
Doesnt even rly have to be like that

IrukandjiCamel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Yes Yes Yes INSTABUY

Laffarater

08-05-2012

Make a awesome default skin, and make the victorian parasol a skin to buy if its so unlikable Riot >:C WE WANT PRISCILLA

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

474~ until 22k

Sarudalf

08-05-2012

Bump

k0nstant

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Of course, badass spider/woman hybrid who spins you into cocoons and poisons you might be OK.

- Zileas
Do it

Sarudalf

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
We don't know exactly how controlled/pressured they are though, do we? I mean I hear people talk a lot about how new Riot isn't as fun/giving as old Riot was which I can understand given beta status ---> popular launch changes a lot (I joined pre-release for Ahri, so I'm fairly new yet to the game too);
No, we don't know, but I would assume they are not as free now as they were before.

However I picked up this game a short time after beta (early 2010). Compared to that time and now, I see really no difference, other than the community have grown insanely and that Riot have a higher quality standard.

Muranodo

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarudalf View Post
No, we don't know, but I would assume they are not as free now as they were before.

However I picked up this game a short time after beta (early 2010). Compared to that time and now, I see really no difference, other than the community have grown insanely and that Riot have a higher quality standard.
I haven't seen any real evidence of what is really a restriction on their freedom beyond less free stuff (rune pages, UFO Corki, etc) which is the kind of stuff I typically associate with any game beta to entice the testers/early players if merit isn't established franchise-wise or by publisher. Then it simply falls off. I'm not including IP gains in this comment because beta/early periods are meant to test their economic model, so it's not surprising that they reduced it for the long-term or redirect it in certain ways.

Which basically lines up with what you said about your game experience.

The only point that I could think of for them being restricted is based off champion design as of late being more safe; the evidence there is data in every single thread for unpopular concepts that have niche appeals. Could make an argument for assuming that data is shared there and it influences; we'd never know, really. And with an ever-growing staff interchanging new ideas and preferences that can also make that line of thought seem quite tinfoil hat-like, potentially.

I hear that Morello likes monster champions; I really haven't heard much from any other staff member (I guess Riot Taco Storm counts due to being somewhat of an advocate of Urgot; he hasn't spoken out at all that I've noticed). So that leaves me wondering how the staff actually feels. With split-feelings on creations like Omen noted, I wonder (who is now approaching 500 strong yes votes for his creation --- yay community). Same as I wonder when Battlecast seems to be targeting our most direct older monsters which really reduces their monstrous elements by a great deal to make them more safe visually. I mean I saw so many people get Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath just because of the hype and his speaker blasting for his dance.Why I was honestly shocked that they didn't do it for Trundle as well rather than just the assumed (Skarner, Kog'Maw, Anivia). But I suppose any skins for him will remain untouched until they fully consider making his skills more graphically notable and consider some QoL flourishes.

PodunkTheMighty

08-05-2012

Woo! Spider Champ!

Kerbere

08-05-2012

59 More