Do you want the Spider Queen to join the League?

Yes 24,196 85.79%
No 4,008 14.21%
Voters: 28204. You may not vote on this poll

A challenge from Zileas himself, The Spider Queen needs you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFallenJester

Recruiter

07-15-2012

I still want this. Not the umbrella atrocity, but those last couple of images. Or the Elvira one.
Pretty please Riot?

Aquodox

07-15-2012

If they don't want to create her because of her style, they can just create a new profile for her appearance T_T

Delicious Smores

07-15-2012

We're above 20k :U

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Well, for people concerned about the champion it was mentioned a few pages back about the spider AI. Feels like the kind of information or quote that would help by being posted in the OP. Since it does provide hope.

Zyra having better pet AI, Malzahar's voidling AI changes, and the leaked Heimerdinger turret changes also provide more hope for the Spider Queen period. As one of the main concerns about her creation was pet AI. So I wouldn't feel too disheartened.

Sarudalf

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
Zyra having better pet AI, Malzahar's voidling AI changes, and the leaked Heimerdinger turret changes also provide more hope for the Spider Queen period. As one of the main concerns about her creation was pet AI. So I wouldn't feel too disheartened.
Yorick and his pets are also being reworked.

My bet is that Spider Queen is going to be very dependent on her spiderlings (hence her name Spider Queen), so Riot had to make better pet AI. While there's still work left to do on Spider Queen, we're starting to see thier AI overhaul on other champions. Also the contollable pets were updated too a few patches ago (now easier to control pets). That could be a hint that Spider Queen will use both controllable and AI pets.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Riot do all this pet overhaul in about the same timeline as Morello hinted about Spider Queen being in production and Xypherous mentioned Spider AI.

Healurownbum

07-15-2012

I do wonder if there is going to be a other red responce to this one. I really like the idea of this champion sort of a monster trying to fit in kinda of deal. Anyways going to keep a eye on this.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarudalf View Post
Yorick and his pets are also being reworked.

My bet is that Spider Queen is going to be very dependent on her spiderlings (hence her name Spider Queen), so Riot had to make better pet AI. While there's still work left to do on Spider Queen, we're starting to see thier AI overhaul on other champions. Also the contollable pets were updated too a few patches ago (now easier to control pets). That could be a hint that Spider Queen will use both controllable and AI pets.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Riot do all this pet overhaul in about the same timeline as Morello hinted about Spider Queen being in production and Xypherous mentioned Spider AI.
I had forgotten Yorick. Thanks for the reminder there.

If I was going by theory...

I'd look back at Gavid the Plant King's kit: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...the_Plant_King

Zyra basically resurrected the core important parts of his kit when she was made. So I'd be curious as per how much Riot would update her kit actually versus use what was already planned. Corpsemaker is about the only one I can't venture a guess at.

Inject Spiderlings would be the obvious way to get her spiders out like Broodmother. Thirst, I imagine, would be some lifesteal-themed skill. Maybe like Broodmother's ultimate. Ensnare would be her CC. Camouflage, I imagine, would be her passive. With the stealth changes (another theory that people had that was preventing Spider Queen)... I imagine she could potentially stealth in some sort of temporary fashion. It seemed most people assumed she'd be some type of assassin/jungler, so it makes sense. Adding another AI control to that just sounds like it'd be too cluttered.

I thought for a while that the data mining about future champs that came up could have been Tekk; scent never really made sense. The "infest" was what originally made me think of inject spiderlings; it was a stretch. It may be simply that we have Lifestealer coming to LoL down the line.

Either way... if she's really far off yet then I wouldn't mind hearing one very allusive comment; the hoping is nice too. I'm guessing if we do it won't be here but rather in Morello's still pending update on monsters. Last post by him on the subject mentioned the big update and Zyra had put him behind.

Sarudalf

07-15-2012

Spider Queen's abilities were revealed by Guinsoo on the forums a long time ago, I can't find the post right now, but if I do I will link it. However I can tell the abilities I remember:

Corpsemaker: High damage single target nuke

Inject Spiderlings: Injects eggs (or something like that) on an enemy champion. If the champion dies while under this effect, two spiderlings are born. One with a tea cup and another with a parasol. They aid Spider Queen in combat. (This ability is very similar to Mordekaiser's ultimate, it's possible it was remade for him when Spider Queen was cancelled).

Thirst: Buffing Spider Queens auto attacks. I don't remember exactly what buffs it gave her, but I'm pretty sure it was attack speed (similar to Evelynn's ultimate). And if I recall right, it also gave Spider Queen spell vamp and / or life steal.

I don't remember what her other two abilities did (Ensnare & Camouflage). Wish I could find Guinsoo's post again.

Muranodo

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarudalf View Post
Spider Queen's abilities were revealed by Guinsoo on the forums a long time ago, I can't find the post right now, but if I do I will link it. However I can tell the abilities I remember:

Corpsemaker: High damage single target nuke

Inject Spiderlings: Injects eggs (or something like that) on an enemy champion. If the champion dies while under this effect, two spiderlings are born. One with a tea cup and another with a parasol. They aid Spider Queen in combat. (This ability is very similar to Mordekaiser's ultimate, it's possible it was remade for him when Spider Queen was cancelled).

Thirst: Buffing Spider Queens auto attacks. I don't remember exactly what buffs it gave her, but I'm pretty sure it was attack speed (similar to Evelynn's ultimate). And if I recall right, it also gave Spider Queen spell vamp and / or life steal.

I don't remember what her other two abilities did (Ensnare & Camouflage). Wish I could find Guinsoo's post again.
Interesting. I wouldn't have gotten the nuke vibe at all from corpsemaker. I thought maybe it'd be some kind of passive that would assist with Inject Spiderlings.

Seems she really did retain LoL's season 1 silliness. I heard some voice files for her the other day people posted. Can't say I expected the two spiderlings to have their own attire. And it wouldn't surprise me if they remade it for Mordekaiser. I can't say I ever imagined that skill being an ultimate or conditionally tied to a champion kill. I always very much expected it to be based around her q. Overall... she looks kind of like a hybrid class which we don't have much of.

I'm surprised this information didn't make it over to the wiki given they had Well's kit. All the same.. very interesting to finally have an idea of what she'd have been like.

ZehNetoBR

07-15-2012

In all honesty, I'd like the umbrella victorian lady-spider concept to remain. Of course, in a less childish fashion, but it'd still be cool. There's something very disturbing about seeing what seems to be a beautiful, classical lady, but with horrendous spider legs.

If I ever saw anything like that, I'd be ****ting bricks in advance with the mere thought of "Omg, how shocking and awful will it be when she shows her REAL face?"