Do you want the Spider Queen to join the League?

Yes 24,195 85.79%
No 4,008 14.21%
Voters: 28203. You may not vote on this poll

A challenge from Zileas himself, The Spider Queen needs you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korica Riftaxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2011

I was bored this morning and had some ideas of my own as to a possible vision of this Spider Queen.

Being a large champion I automatically see her as being somewhat tanky, and being an evil spider I see her as being terrifying and controlling.

Role: Tank, Disruptor, Ambusher

Paralyzing Venom (Passive): Every other melee attack applies a venom that deals 4/7/10 damage per second and lasts for 4 seconds. Upon reaching 3 stacks, the target is slowed by 20%. Upon reaching 4 stacks, the target is slowed by 30%. Upon reaching 5 stacks, the target is slowed by 40%. Upon reaching 6 stacks, the target is paralyzed for 1.25 seconds. (The damage from the venom does not stack, and the target becomes immune to venom for 8 seconds after being paralyzed.)

Silk Strand / Silk Strangle:

• Silk Strand: Throws a strand of webbing, dealing 70/110/150/190/230 damage and tethering a target unit for 5 seconds. During this time the unit is slowed by 20% and the Spider Queen moves 15% faster. If the thread is not broken in 5 seconds, the Spider Queen may cast Silk Strangle.
  • Silk Strangle: Encases a nearby champion in webbing, preventing all action. Lasts 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.

Web Trap: Channels for 0.5 seconds to place a line of webbing across target location. After 2 seconds, the web will fade, becoming very difficult to see. If an enemy champion crosses the line they will be slowed by 20/24/28/32/36% for 4 seconds. If the line is passed through three times it will break, and if a single target walks through the line multiple times the slow will be re-applied worse than before (10% slower for 2nd pass, 20% slower for 3rd pass). (If undisturbed, the web can last for up to 10/15/20/25/30 seconds. Friendly vision is granted in a small area around the web.)

Ravening Hunger:
  • Passive: Grants the Spider Queen 8/11/14/17/20% attack speed and 4/6/8/10/12% Lifesteal.
  • Toggle: Triples the passive benefits while active, but drains 8/12/18/26/35 health per second. During this time, all of the Spider Queen's other abilities cost 75% more mana. (Upon being toggled off, the effect persists for 3 seconds before the Spider Queen returns to her normal state.)

Dread Leap (Ultimate): Leaps to a target location, dealing a small amount of damage. Upon landing, all nearby targets are Feared for .75 seconds.

----------------

Bordering on OP, really, but it could easily be toned down. The basic ideas are...

Passive - The target she picks will be crippled. This allows her to be useful even though she'll be large and tanky.
Q - A skillshot that can be avoided, but if you get hit by it, you better be afraid. The creepy spider lady will run to you and entomb you in webbing!
W - Many uses. Can set up an ambush, cut off an enemy escape route, or provide an escape route for your team.
E - This is used in two situations. 1 - To quickly apply Venom. 2 - To sustain yourself in a fight. Due to the increase on mana cost of all other abilities and rapid health drain, it would be inadvisable for someone to keep this toggled unless they were auto-attacking like crazy.
Also, this ability would allow her to jungle. Jungling spider tank that can ambush people with webs? YES PLEASE!
R - An initiation skill, or alternatively, an escape ability. Could also be used to jump to an ally and scare off that pesky carry who is trying to kill them.

xerav

04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
Spider > Snakes. Just replace Cassiopeia with a spider and we're set. And then buff her so she isn't horrible.
Cassio isnt that bad her damage is quiet high ... she just suffer a lot of tanky/dps.... and that her E only grant a 15% slow with rylais....

She is the Urgot of Casters..... there has to be someone to find the right way to play her and all cry how OP sh eis

Im badHASS

04-03-2011

First image of her looks terrible, i like the concept of the second 1. Wouldnt mind spider queen champ. + Armored bears (some1 make a topic of that 1 :<)

Valkiron

04-03-2011

Looks like we have our next April Fool's champ.

Bradleyfillup

Recruiter

04-03-2011

Please, Riot dont do this. Last time I remember something like Lee Sin being released. That was just sad. Wait since Beta for the most awesome champ and then find out Evelynn can outdps him with just auto attacks

xerav

04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyfillup View Post
Please, Riot dont do this. Last time I remember something like Lee Sin being released. That was just sad. Wait since Beta for the most awesome champ and then find out Evelynn can outdps him with just auto attacks
1. The tend to release slight UP heroes cuz if they release OP heroes like xin... all cry even more
2. He has defensiv talents heal talents etc so if u lose vs a eve you rly do something wrong....
3. Why should her base damage be strong than his ? She get 100% AS with her ulti he can almost have 50% all the time...
4. ******* for voting no
5. He also can find her with E and unstealth wards wiht his E...

Long story short just learn 2 play with lee-sin.... he is rly hard to play but offer a lot utility

Altámbo

04-03-2011

another year till the release her

lolpanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2011

Yess spider queeen.
She is the ***.
<3

OpticZeRo

04-03-2011

Lee Sin is my favorite champ and Spider Queen should get her time to shine now.

OpticZeRo

04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyfillup View Post
You are clearly a bad Lee Sin. Lee Sin is an awesome champ and was well worth the wait. Im very happy with the way RIOT made him. Hes great......NUFF SAID