Is my build for Rammus okay?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trungie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2010

Is my build for Rammus okay?

>Ninja Tabi
>Thornmail
>Sunfire Cape
>Sunfire Cape
>Warmog's Armor
>Atma's Impaler

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2010

Well, you could use some Magic resistance early on or casters will be a pain. Thornmail and the Frozen heart can be great if the other team got a lot of physical DPSers.

TaigaStance

Recruiter

02-18-2010

Atma's Impaler is kinda useless on Rammus since he's not really an auto-attacking type.
Boots are situational. Mercury treads when there's lots of CC.
I try not to go more than one sunfire cape either.

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-18-2010

Atmas is a fine way to get a decent amount of DPS lategame as a tank.

NiloCP

02-18-2010

No chalice of harmony. I have no idea how people without it can do anything with Rammus.

Usually I blow all 4 abilities at once when ganking/team fighting. After that, you'll only be able to use a few more abilities before heading back to the fountain because of his horrible base mana regen. Plus it lets you use powerball when you please without the fear of running short of mana, it's such a great transportation tool.

Chalice also provides magic resist early on which your build seems to be lacking.

Holypope

02-19-2010

no. it's rather poor.

start with a regrowth pendant. upgrade it to a philosophers stone. This item will give you the health and man you really need in the early game.

next build an HP item*. Sunfire is okay, but warmog's is better. Really any high HP item will do though.

*max out defensive curl early. that will give you absurd armor and resistance when you need it most and synergize with the HP items.

beyond that, the items are situational.

Sometimes you'll need boots, sometimes you won't.
Sometimes you'll need to stack armor, other times magic resist

on a final Note, Guardian angel can turn you into a terror when you pop back up with over 1,000 health and taunt that's cooled down!

dirtydee

02-19-2010

make him an armor tank. armor boosts his damage output cause of his passive. and makes him VERY tough to turrets and pushing.

merc treads
warden mail
thornmail
bansee veil
sunfire
sunfire or warmogs or guise

explanation: You don't want him dodging attacks with the Tabi (give him some magic resist and anti CC with the Merc) because you are saving them from his amazing damage return from W skill and thornmail. the wardens mail and thornmail synergize nicely with taunt (and W skill). you taunt then they take damage return from W skill AND thornmail AND they are slowed from the wardens mail. These 2 items will maximize your W and E.
Sometimes I make a guise for the CD reduction and magic penetration on his Q and R skills. It depends on what the other team has. Maybe more HP is better, maybe the guise.

Kragorn

02-19-2010

As mentioned above, Chalice is sorely missing. You need MR + regen to use your abilities. Heart of Golds are also good. Consider Aegis as well. Sunfire is fine, but expensive. I wouldn't get two.

Warmogs is too expensive. I'm not sure how you farm up that much gold. Usually game is over by Thornmail/Banshees for me.

Timlankey

02-19-2010

I've had three builds that were successful:

Against a Physical DPS team:
-Guardian Angel
-Ninja Tabi
-Thornmail
-Frozen Heart
-Sunfire
-Sunfire

Against a mainly magic team:
-Guardian Angel
-Mercury Threads
-Banshee's Veil
-Force of Nature
-Sunfire
-Sunfire

Hybrid team: (Most likely)
-Guardian Angel
-Mercury Threads
-Banshee's Veil
-Aegis
-Frozen Heart
-Sunfire

I usually never build the whole thing but really each game I play I determine who on their team is the "carry" and who is hurting my team. I then try to counter their two best players. If they have a caster but he sucks whatever I'll build armor and taunt him and he'll prob die fast they are squishy.

The most common build I usually use it the armor one to be honest with maybe a banshee's if I'm against one move wonder champions.

Anyways, thats my two cents.

DonkeyBalls

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydee View Post
explanation: You don't want him dodging attacks with the Tabi (give him some magic resist and anti CC with the Merc) because you are saving them from his amazing damage return from W skill
misinformation, I believe.