Is 2 Champion mid viable in any game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

anaverageasian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-18-2010

there are very few cases where I wouldn't be able to defend mid against two champs, at least until they both reached lvl 6, while I'd be leading them in both gold and exp. I would have a much harder time doing that top or bottom, and whoever I left there would have a much higher chance of dying, unless they sat back and missed out on a lot of exp/gold.

As the team that is using a 2v1 method, your two mid players aren't likely to be pushing that tower for a long while, whilst your top or bot solo person is basically just struggling to stay alive for being outnumbered and the brush placement. I just find that with 2 top and bottom, there is the chance of a fairly early tower push. I find the idea of a pre-lvl 6 tower push by two mid, without a ganking type situation, very unlikely. Mid is just too easy to defend if you know there are two people against you.

Nashun

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanin View Post
its easier to exp deny 1v2 on top or bot since the distance between the towers are greater than mid.

also the bushes at top and bot are much closer to the creeps which means the 2 can camp the bushes, let their creeps get pushed and psych out the enemy in their lane.

if you have 2 mid, it'll be harder for them to hide well and exp denying the opponent.

overall if there is a solo top/bot it is much easier to put that player at a risky position than if that player was in mid.
I always wondered why mid was always solo. I always wondered why 2 or 3 never went mid considering that you have more choices in where to gank with mid than you do with top or bottom.

This post explains it perfectly.

Flux Aureo

02-19-2010

I wrote this topic having in mid a very agressive dual mid lane(something like Blitz+Burst Damager) that could annoy a lot their mid carry.Also, a sidelane champ who benefits from being solo(so he/she can have minions for him) and good lane control alone(Annie fits this).

In an ideal situation, their mid carry, unable to farm anything due to the agressive mid, will try to switch lanes, making him vulnerable to mass ganks.

StayPhrosty

02-19-2010

people keep saying that it's so terrible to solo top/bottom, yet i see this happen all the time when i have a decent yi on my team. sure yi lanes for a bit, but he soon goes off to forrest, setting us up with the standard mid solo plus one more person with a lot more gold. as long as the team calls mia when necessary and the solo's don't walk into brush squishy we usually do fine, then again, i am playing low lvl pubs.

hermeneutist

02-19-2010

how about mid being easy to gank on either side lanes?

a solo mid reaches lvl6 usu 1-2 min faster than the side lanes, so if either side lane is in trouble (i.e. falling behind enemy), he can go over and help gank.

this is esp so for blind pick pubbers, since you really have no idea which lane is likely to be falling behind and in need of a gank boost.

alternatively, in selfish mode, mid can choose which lane is most gankable for a quick kill.

i'd also like to add that 2v1 in a side lane really depends on who's 2 and who's 1 - apart from relative summoner's skill ofc. some heroes lane pretty well against 2 on the side; but ofc sometimes it's simply 2 noobs against a pro. imo ranged heroes can 1v2 well, esp if none of the 2 are disablers. Teemo vs Kayle + Yi? Corki vs Nasus + Gang? Dinger vs Nunu + Trynd? but then again it takes a noob team to come up with such combos. lol

ergo, generally mid is solo. in arranged teams, u may see some solo sides for the sake of surprise, but i think the value isn't particularly significant in most cases.

now, early 3top/bot ganks, however... much room to discuss!

FagelBagel

02-19-2010

Just try things out, be open to new things. If you lose a game its not a big deal.

Yes, sometimes crazy things do in fact work, as long as your team is competent. Good example: One night me and 4 of my buddies decided to have 3 people go into top or bottom, and then the other two lanes solo. The two solos were awesome solos so they could hold off 2 people. We ended up wtfowning with 3 in a lane, as far as I know you need a good amount of CC and two tanks for this to work efficiently. We were Taric, Alistar, and Blitz. These are not low skill games either, we have all been playing since early beta and are all lvl 30. We havent played in a competitive league yet, doubt it would work in a league :P. Otherwise, crazy strats against MM and premades do work, just think it out.

The main problem with this is your 3 man lane MUST keep up with the other teams levels (excluding their mid). Usually doable if you can get enough kills in the laning phase. Two carries is awesome if you can pull it off.

Morzas

02-19-2010

Two champions in mid could work. Your main goal would have to be killing the guy in mid, so Blitzcrank would probably be required for this sort of strategy.

jedininjaman

02-19-2010

yea 2 mid is a great strategy. No one expects it and it can net you a kill and a lot of damage to the tower if you do it right. And since the Top / Bot lanes are easier to defend, your other solo should have no trouble at all.

Chasethedevil

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedininjaman View Post
yea 2 mid is a great strategy. No one expects it and it can net you a kill and a lot of damage to the tower if you do it right. And since the Top / Bot lanes are easier to defend, your other solo should have no trouble at all.
Top / Bot are NOT easier to defend first of all
The distance to your outer tower is much further, so blue pilling [which you will do alot 2v1 top or bottom] takes alot longer

and as other people have said before
the only way your going to get ANY kills mid
is if the person is partly braindead

Play against someone that knows what they are doing mid
and then watch as your team cries
Mid will lose xp and gold
your solo lane will get ganked
and the other team will laugh