Is 2 Champion mid viable in any game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flux Aureo

02-18-2010

I was just wondering if having 2 champions on mid lane is useful on any setup.The solo sidelaner can be a Hero with good AOE control(Nasus for example) who profit to be at tower getting safe minions.2 people mid also cuts enemy mid champ farming(but if they are clever enough, they will go to your solo lane, making them vulnerable to ganks and such).

Well, I would like to hear some opinion on this.

Chasethedevil

02-18-2010

Unless your facing someone that has no idea how to play defensive duo mid is a BAD IDEA

Most of the time it turns out like the most recent game i had [I was Cho'gath, so even worse for them in mid because i was hell to harass]

At first they dominate the lane, pushing to your tower most of the time. That was fine with me, as i just sat around the tower getting xp and last shotting minions. Eventually i started pulling ahead in both xp and gold compared to the other two mid.
Bot was being basically farmed, screwing that player
Eventually the laning phase ends, but most of the time duo mid from what ive seen screws teams

Praetor Kamahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2010

If you did a last minute switch up it could easily turn the game in your favor, forcing them to swap to adapt if your team composition could pull this. A good idea of a character this would work on would be Teemo, since he can harass to hell with poison, although he'd probably need some health regen to deal with 2 people on bot. Too much could go wrong though to risk it imo.

Slide

02-18-2010

Classic case of not understanding WHY mid is the solo lane. Gotta run unfortunately, can someone please let them in on it though?

Thanks!

Flux Aureo

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
Classic case of not understanding WHY mid is the solo lane. Gotta run unfortunately, can someone please let them in on it though?

Thanks!
I know why mid is the solo lane.But im open to new variety of strategies and setups, I do not have a rule written a fire in my mind which says:1 MID OR GTFO. A strong dual mid lane isnt that uncommon on DotA.

I asked if there is any reason,setup, where you want to have 2 champions laning on mid.Not why you should have 1 champion.

Also, please, think before you assume things.

Bohnez

02-18-2010

Be a scientist, experiment.

Go play with some friends and see if you can pull off a strong 2 mid setup.

If you can't, well you answered your own question.

If you can, you got a unique new strategy.

Kick The Cat

02-18-2010

I really dont see why going 2 champions on mid lane is only not viable to the team doing so... i mean, if team A is the one going 2 on mid... it mean that = top will be 2v2, mid will be 2v1 (advantage for team A) and bot will be 1v2 (advantage for team B)...

both teams will have a a even alen, and 2 uneven lane... why is that it is not viable for only the team goind for 2 champs on mid? i really dont get it

Malduk

02-18-2010

Because of the distance between towers and distance to brushes.
Solo mid will always be somewhat near the tower if ganker comes. Also, brushes are further away from the action.

vanin

02-18-2010

its easier to exp deny 1v2 on top or bot since the distance between the towers are greater than mid.

also the bushes at top and bot are much closer to the creeps which means the 2 can camp the bushes, let their creeps get pushed and psych out the enemy in their lane.

if you have 2 mid, it'll be harder for them to hide well and exp denying the opponent.

overall if there is a solo top/bot it is much easier to put that player at a risky position than if that player was in mid.

BamSucka

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanin View Post
its easier to exp deny 1v2 on top or bot since the distance between the towers are greater than mid.

also the bushes at top and bot are much closer to the creeps which means the 2 can camp the bushes, let their creeps get pushed and psych out the enemy in their lane.

if you have 2 mid, it'll be harder for them to hide well and exp denying the opponent.

overall if there is a solo top/bot it is much easier to put that player at a risky position than if that player was in mid.
But the other team would also have the same disadvantage. The only difference is your team is expecting it.