Lets talk Blind Monk... - Items, Runes, Buildes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostgrimm

04-01-2011

Hi folks!

So I started with Preaks built while laning with Soakra. Got two early kills but then died two times. After getting a view items I ended up with 8/4/7.

Observation: He isnt as tanky as Xin and doesnt deal as much dmg, but he got more utility. (kicking people into tower or away from your ap carry, while avoiding a blitzcrank grab with ur w)

Then i played him as a tank (nobody picked one):
Masteries 9/21/0
Same runes as above and Ghost and Exhaust as Summoner Spells.
Picked up Sunfire, Thorn, Aegis, FoN and Mercuy boots.

Observation: He isnt a real tank, at least not early in the game (kinda like amumu or better the ad-version of marokai), but he can tank later on (not as good as rammus or shen), but he his utility going for him.
Jumping into the enemies, while slowing them and then kicking somebody anyoing (in my case tryn and anviva away) so that they are wasting their ult/dont do any damage. Ended up 5/10/26.

So what builts did you use?

Jehst

04-01-2011

so far the only way ive tried is exactly the same way i play trundle, jungle gank at 4/gank alot.

itemwise same thing also, lantern, merc, triforce into what ever madred/ga..

im thinking he might work out like irelia ie triforce into alot of tank items and rape whole teams.. will have to find out

Polokins

04-01-2011

You can easily jungle with him doing everything by 4 minutes. The standard Golem ----> Double Golems.

In a teamfight, you really do have to rely on your teammates to abuse your utility. If they don't you're sort of useless.

WithoutSkill

04-01-2011

I tried him ... I clicked his roundhouse kick and my neighbour flew off the window ... that was a bad idea ..

Frostgrimm

04-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceAmputation View Post
so far the only way ive tried is exactly the same way i play trundle, jungle gank at 4/gank alot.

itemwise same thing also, lantern, merc, triforce into what ever madred/ga..

im thinking he might work out like irelia ie triforce into alot of tank items and rape whole teams.. will have to find out
What runes, summoner spells and masteries did you use?

Thanks

Altorr

04-01-2011

I was only able to play a handful of games before work, but here are some thoughts. (warning this goes on and on because its a slow day at the office)

Lee Sin is a team-player/general champion. He is not Akali/Xin, but he does have a dash. He is not Alistar, but he does have some knockback/up. He is not Janna, but he can shield his allies. He is not Yi, but he can attack quickly. He is not Panth/Ren, but his physical damage abilties scale moderatley well with AD. Jack-of-All-Trades, master of none.

However what he does have is versatility, and can play multiple roles decently well in a team fight. Your tank has initiated the fight, and yoru team is trying to CC and kill a target, you Q over there, and then E to damage and slow. Your Ashe is going to get pummeled, you W over shielding her, then using R to knock back that melee chasing her (hopefully into allies causing knockup). Seeing a fleeing enemy champion who may get away, you Q over, E to slow and either you or an ally gets the kill.

This all sounds FANTASTIC, and it is. But it is easier said then done, and is a lot more complicated than most champions and potentially higher chance of failing and being somewhat bland and unnoticable in a fight. His Abilties dont hit hard enough to play him like Pantheon, he isnt an AD spell caster. You need to use your auto-attacks to do the bulk of your DPS. So spacing out abilities for the AS buff is key.

I am thinking something along the lines of mostly defense and some offense masteries. Arpen marks and Quints (or 1 movespeed quint and two arpen more speed for better positioning on R), Seals either Dodge, Armor/level, health/level, mr/level. Glyphs either cdr/level or Mr/level.

In game you would want a mix of damage and support. Items like Phage/FrozenMallet, Aegis, Randuins Omen, Ghostblade, Starks, as long as there are mana users Wits End is actually pretty good 42dmg 30mr and +40% as is pretty **** good. I think these items work pretty well at doing a variety of things, damage, support, and survivability. You wont be running around one shotting people like Panth, you wont be mowing through people with lighting fast hits like Yi, but you can do almost that while slowing people with E and Frozen Mallet. Shielding allies with W and debuffing Enemies with Randuins and stars. Increasing the defense and attack of allies with Starks and Aegis.

Lee Sin is the 5th man. You already pick your tank, AD dps, AP burst, Support. Then you round it out with Lee Sin who can kinda do all. Can fill in for one of the roles when in a smaller group, and can support everyone when in a larger group.

Again, easier said then done. I have rambled on and on because its a slow day at the office. If you actually had the patience to read it all, thanks! Now lets all go have fun playing this interesting new champion!

Argothman

04-01-2011

Triforce tank

TacoMental

04-01-2011

I've tried to things i like so far.

1. One of my first games I rushed to a bilgewater cutlass for more ad / lifesteal and the nuke slow. Worked awesome and I completed it out into the hextech. Then I added rageblade. I think my ap allowed my shield to be 2x as strong as normal. The rageblade was always proc'd. I went for more lifesteal and a triforce to round it out and it was fun.

2. Frozen mallet + tons of life steal. The idea being to try and maintain in fights via tons of life steal. I'm still toying with this build but i usually do wriggles, boots, starks, bloodthirster, and frozen mallet. Maybe a youmou's for more arpen if you get there.

Runes i run right now are arpen marks, move speed quints, armor yellows and mr blues. with 21/9/0 masteries.

Still figuring him out tho.