High Elo DPS champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueToe

02-18-2010

Looking for a good dps champ to start playing, as me and my team have started playing against high elo teams and were doing ok, but not winning near as much as we would like.
Our usual team looks like this:

TF
tristana ---- me
alistar
annie
and 5th is rammus or amumu.

I play tristana, and I just don't feel like I'm helping out my team at all, as all I really do is push early game, have good dps mid/late but just feel like there would be a better champion to fill this slot. Any suggestions? I'd like to play a dps champ, maybe support? High elo games are just a new world compared what I used to play. Also any suggestions on other team compositions to run would be helpful. Thanks in advance

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2010

Tristana is a High ELO dps champ. I don't think you will find much better... Possibly Nidalee, Corki, Sivir, Twitch, Ashe - for the snare and stun more than the dps, Teemo for map control and anti-carry blinddarts.

I think Tristana is the best though if played right at high ELO

And btw, that Team comp you just listed is absolutely devestating. I don't see how you can lose with that, its one of the more broken team comps in the game right now, minus Sivir (who I guess you could replace, but Tristana definitely has her place).

BamSucka

02-18-2010

Tristana is beast. Maybe give Nidalee a shot.

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-18-2010

Sivir, tristana, corki and nidalee.

BlueToe

02-18-2010

Oh ok. I mean I thinks shes great, and i still do good with her high elo games, our teams just right around dead even on w/l record, but I guess its just something else XD

Pigmancer

02-18-2010

Basically the rundown:

Tristana - beast early game.. can kill/first blood most any character in the middle lane by 6.

mid-game - not the best "team player" but can still push/farm with effeciency (She's a great assist during ganks)

late-game - So, you've realized you're not exactly AoE or support.. this doesn't matter as long as you've gotten a few kills in the early and mid game.. you're fine. Your range is out of this world and.. rather than focusing on hopping, using your explosive shot active, or ulting.. you hit Q and explode their team one by one.. hopping when necessary and literally blowing them up

If you have a really rough early game, your late game on tristana will be lackluster.. Otherwise, she can devastate an entire team solo.

xKLG

02-18-2010

Sivir or Corki are the only champs that match Trist in physical carrying ability. Feel free to try one of thema nd see if you do better.

Ashe, Teemo, Nidalee, or anybody else would be a step down.

PatMcGroyne

02-18-2010

Nidalee a step down? are you high? Once Nidalee hits lvl 6 it is game over for whoever she is laning against. Nidalee calls someone in to get solo exp in her lane. Nidalee goes and gets golem and lizard... At this point you are so far ahead of everyone else it isn't funny. Then you go and gank whoever you were laning against you should already have a bunch of kills because nidalee's atk speed and heal is epic. Tistana is good but a well built nidalee just has way too much spike damage for even tanks to handle. End game Nidalee should hit well over 1000 on her takedowns... and that's not even a javelin, heal,cougar pounce, scratch, takedown by now trhey are running and so you switch into human form and throw some javelins for the kill... That is if you didn't kill them already which is highly unlikely.

BamSucka

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToe View Post
Oh ok. I mean I thinks shes great, and i still do good with her high elo games, our teams just right around dead even on w/l record, but I guess its just something else XD
You sure you are playing in high elo games with an even w/l though? I'm not lvl 30 but I was 2:1 now even at about 1:1 and I am pretty sure I'm not playing high elo games.

Azing

02-18-2010

Could use Katarina...

HAHAHHA! Funny joke right?