Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tower Diver Janna?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Andromansis

Recruiter

02-18-2010

I'm looking for a good tower diver Janna build.
I know it would be better if her E granted bonus phys damage based on her ability power, but I'm pretty sure that with enough attack speed she would be great at tower diving.

So far all I have is Nashor's Tooth in the build, what is next?

Onuma

Recruiter

02-18-2010

If you're determined to go this route, then a Guinsoo's Rageblade is likely next on the list (not necessarily next to purchase, however).

Also, how about Last Whisper?

Andromansis

Recruiter

02-18-2010

does the armpen work well against turrets?
What about the extra damage from sword of the divine?

nicosharp

02-18-2010

Not sure if Tower diver is the appropriate term then... You might want to say DPS Janna?
If you are a tower diver, you can tank hits from a tower while pushing past it to kill enemies hiding by it for comfort. This is typically referred to as TANK JANNA. Frozen Heart + Soul Shroud + maxing her Shield First, followed by Zephyr for the snare., and 1 early point in howling wind for a short knockup. You can even stack Heart of Golds on her, get a early catalyst to a Rod or Veil, whatever, but to successfully tower dive you want HP first, armor second. and CDR helps janna dive for kills.

If you want to DPS janna to pop towers quickly, stack Critical Chance items/ Avarice Blades, and also max shield first. You will hit very very hard. Then stack more physical damage items like a Infinity Edge/Blood Thirster, etc.

Attack speed on Janna is nice, and Armor pen does work quite well on Towers (as I know from my Alistar days.) Get a Last Whisperer, and maybe even a sheen/lichbane. From what I have read, Attack speed runes are pretty awesome for red and quints so maybe run those as well.

Andromansis

Recruiter

02-18-2010

I've never been able to crit towers.

nicosharp

02-18-2010

nice comment... you are basically asking for a DPS Janna build. If you want to only hit towers, you might want to find ways to support the team, and farm gold inbetween. This is why maxing shield and grabbing crit chance is good. If you want to damage towers without a semi-viable build, just build armor pen and phys damage items. Try to rush a Last Whisperer...