GP10 Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tease

02-17-2010

I see alot of hate for the Gold per 10s Items. For instance I see the hate on Gangplank for getting Avarice blades. First of all I see that people think it takes 29 minutes or so to get your gold back but I will explain why this is wrong. In the end game you sell the item for 375, so in reality you only lose 375 buy buying them. So if your team is owning face, don't bother buying them, you may finish the game before you sell them. On the other hand, if your in a pickle, go ahead and get 2-3, in 12.5 minutes you start making money. Now that is to say, if your at 28 minutes into a game, I would not get any, you won't make your money back, I find that 2-3 is an acceptable number and a worthy investment.

*Naturally when I say Avarice blades, I mean most GP10 items, just using those as an example, also the heart of gold is untested for me since I usually play Gangplank, Veigar, Pantheon and Kassadin*

JurisnaethMKIV

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tease View Post
I see alot of hate for the Gold per 10s Items. For instance I see the hate on Gangplank for getting Avarice blades. First of all I see that people think it takes 29 minutes or so to get your gold back but I will explain why this is wrong. In the end game you sell the item for 375, so in reality you only lose 375 buy buying them. So if your team is owning face, don't bother buying them, you may finish the game before you sell them. On the other hand, if your in a pickle, go ahead and get 2-3, in 12.5 minutes you start making money. Now that is to say, if your at 28 minutes into a game, I would not get any, you won't make your money back, I find that 2-3 is an acceptable number and a worthy investment.

*Naturally when I say Avarice blades, I mean most GP10 items, just using those as an example, also the heart of gold is untested for me since I usually play Gangplank, Veigar, Pantheon and Kassadin*
At first I would usually buy GP10 items if it would benefit my champ; like avarice blades for Trynd and Gangplank, Kage's for Evelyn and Heart of Gold for Rammus. Then again, it's circumstantial on my end.

I rarely get it now since I would just farm for my items that would allow me to farm quicker instead of earning passively.

RamboBatman

02-18-2010

Gold/10 items aren't bad but many people buy too many of them. Its really simple: One is ok on pretty much everyone. Two are acceptable on certain champs Avarice Blades on Gankplank or Tryndamere, for example. Three is always too many. Always. I know you're thinking there are exeptional circumstances but, no, there aren't.

Heart of Gold: Fine for tanks but, after 1-2 you should probably build some MR, or if not, start working on your sunfire cape.

Kage's Lucky Pick: I can't think of a champion that could really use more than one of these. Its great because it builds into Deathfire but if you're not building that, buy something else.

Avarice Blade: Only really effective on Gankplank and Tryndamere, every other physical DPS in the game should just buy some damage, or attack speed. If you don't specifically need crit chance, a madred's razors is almost always better. The extra damage to creeps will earn you more gold than an AB will and also, it builds into Bloodrazor late-game.

Philosopher's Stone: Is a fine one-of item for a lot of champions but can usually be replaced by something better. There is no excuse for buying 2 of these. Personally, if I ever feel like buying a Philosopher's stone, I'll start with Doran's Shield and buy a Chalice of Harmony during my first shopping trip.

ChaoticHypnotic

02-18-2010

Gangplank doesn't get Avarice Blades for the GP10. That's just an added bonus.

Honch

02-18-2010

I rarely get avarice on Tryndamere unless I wasn't able to farm due to a bad lane match up , didn't get any assists/kills, too weak to forest fast, ect...very helpful when you cant farm at all but it usually means you already lost the game IF your having to rely on gp10. Id rather just grab a lifesteal item(450) for lane staying power and foresting.
getting avarice also slows down getting for example: zeal - better to get dagger +15AS(450) then GP10(350), daggers soon to be a better item once combined.

Just remember that even though you have a small income coming after the 12min mark just dont gimp your character from more effective ways of getting money and item construction, as well as making your hero too weak from massing them (3/+)

The Fat Battler

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticHypnotic View Post
Gangplank doesn't get Avarice Blades for the GP10. That's just an added bonus.
Then why don't Gangplank players be real men and buy Coaks of Agility?