Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DOES HIGH AP MEAN HIGH SURVIVABILITY FOR EVE?

YES 4 40%
NO 6 60%
Voters 10 .

POLL: Does Evelyn's survivability rely on her high AP skills?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JurisnaethMKIV

02-17-2010

Hello Everyone

I've been playing Evelyn for the past couple of days now, and I am quite annoyed at how squishy she is.

I've seen a lot of Evelyn players focusing mainly on AP without giving any chance to any other items like HP.

The big question is, and I dont mean to sound like a newbie, but does Evelyn's survivability rely on being able to dish out high amounts of insane damage?

My item build for Eve are as follows:

1.) Mejai's
2.) Boots of Swiftness or Sorcerer's
3.) Zhonya's

I've read the Eve guides here in the forum but I dont think I found the answer that I was looking for.

Can anyone please give some insight?

-------------

Don't forget to read my Poppy Guide (http://thebloggingnewb.iblogger.org/league-of-legends-how-to-play-effectively-as-poppy/)

Fbsunny

02-17-2010

Eve doesn't have any survivability, and if you are playing Eve right you don't need any. Your job is to unstealth after team fights have started, stun then burst down their carry, and then procede to clean up any stragglers. The only survivability you have is the your ultimate. Once your get a kill you get a lot of health back, so your main way to stay alive is to make sure that enemies are dieing as quickly as possible.

Earlier in the game during the laning phase you should be ganking at level 3+, making sure you don't die and raking in the kills on anyone who is foolish enough to go past the halfway point in their lane with less then 100% health.

JurisnaethMKIV

02-17-2010

Quote:
Fbsunny:
Eve doesn't have any survivability, and if you are playing Eve right you don't need any. Your job is to unstealth after team fights have started, stun then burst down their carry, and then procede to clean up any stragglers. The only survivability you have is the your ultimate. Once your get a kill you get a lot of health back, so your main way to stay alive is to make sure that enemies are dieing as quickly as possible.

Earlier in the game during the laning phase you should be ganking at level 3+, making sure you don't die and raking in the kills on anyone who is foolish enough to go past the halfway point in their lane with less then 100% health.

Thank you for your insight sir.

Am I going the right way with my item build?

ZweiPhantom

02-17-2010

Her survivability is based on the FEAR factor of you on the other team, ie: OH S*** WHERE DID SHE COME FROM, BAIL!!!!! or jumping in after tank is focused and kill everything in 5 seconds.
If you look at her skills & stats she isnt meant to be focused.... and spike/ravage destroys people fast, shadow walk for escape/stun. and an ulti that speeds you up when activated.

Survivability comes down to how you play and smart use of shadow walk and its cd. After all, if all the enemy champions are dead who's gonna kill you,
are you the assassin-(AP) that targets lone people (kills quick and vanishes doesnt need any hp to survive),
the unlucky jack of all trades-(AP&HP) who somehow finds himself often in 3-1 odds(ganks gone wrong or other team moves in groups thus need some hp),
or the feeder-(HP) who has been ganked all game and just wants to stop dying(been ganked hardcore to stop potential late game, also people who use oracle).

Item wise i dont have a set build, it changes depending on who i'm playing and their style but usually i go one 300 or more HP+ item, banshee veil to stop stuns and then mass AP. that gives a good balance of survivability and dmg.
Hope this helps and sorry if this doesn't make much sense, have not slept in a while.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

02-18-2010

Eve needs to kill people, plain and simple. Taking defensive items means that you're delaying offensive ones, and thus are not killing people. Eve is paper, you have to give them papercuts...

Also, I'd suggest taking Sheen as a first item, before Mejai's. Upgrade it to a Lich Bane after you get Mejai's and boots.

Diddums

02-18-2010

Well yes her AP does help because the quicker she can kill something the quicker she can GTFO and restealth.

JurisnaethMKIV

02-18-2010

Quote:
Poki3:
Eve needs to kill people, plain and simple. Taking defensive items means that you're delaying offensive ones, and thus are not killing people. Eve is paper, you have to give them papercuts...

Also, I'd suggest taking Sheen as a first item, before Mejai's. Upgrade it to a Lich Bane after you get Mejai's and boots.

Thank you for the item recommendation. i'll definitely keep this in mind...

Udontgnome

02-18-2010

Definitely go for Mejai ASAP. Eve is an excellent early/mid game hero (not so much late game), but its still going to be difficult for you to do any real damage at the start. I start ganking once I get Mejai + Boots. The key to Eve is getting lots of soulstealer stacks early and then not dying; your early AP bonuses will allow you to nuke down almost anyone at that stage in the game.

I go for sheen/lichbane and then Rylai's for the HP and slow.

Remember, the key to winning with eve is a good early game. Deaths really hurt her because she will lose stacks. More kills = more gold = more ap = profit. If her AP is not high enough, she will lack the burst required for her to be effective.

So yes, AP does contribute in a way, but Eve has very low survivability to begin with. You mainly want to open after your team initiates, kill an enemy, run away till stealth comes off cd (if necessary), re-stealth and repeat.

Etsuyia

02-18-2010

As a post above said I would highly recommend you get lichbane after boots. Rylais is usually your only survival item unless circumstances call for one.

At low elos I find that i can get a faster and stronger start by rushing mejais right away, but most high elos prefer a sheen first.

Missingno231

02-18-2010

Eve has zero survivability. Attacking anyone when you're not stealthed is like walking up to Cho'Goth at 10 HP and expecting to not get eaten. You should not be trying to give Eve survivability either, it's not her style. She's made to get in, do her job, and get out. And by "do her job", I mean "kill whatever poor sucker has the least health at the time/is causing the most problems for your group/because you just don't like them". Any extra kills after your first huge blow is just extra money. Don't expect to live after dragging down your first two victims though, at that point they probably noticed that they have a spy among their ranks and you WILL die to any type of focus fire.