Caitlyn viability post-patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

El Hebrew Hammer

03-31-2011

I have only played Caitlyn once and I enjoyed but she was a lot less powerful late game than she ought to be.

I am nearing on 6.3K IP and was wondering if her recent buff to Yordle Snap Trap and her AS made her more viable.

If not then I'll just buy Lee Sin, assuming he's released tomorrow.

Thanks.

TodaysChaos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2011

She was fine before...

El Hebrew Hammer

03-31-2011

I agree but she was simply outclassed by other ranged AD carries.

Tonberry

03-31-2011

I still feel her problem is she has 3 skills that have a delay which essentially slow down her dps compared to all the other DPS champs. I feel Caitlin isn't so much of a DPS champ but more of an AD burst; she doesn't have the speed of the other champs but she can kite better than the others except for ashe.

DrKered

03-31-2011

The attack speed buff is barely noticeable at best but surprisingly the snap-trap addition has made the spell viable in terms of leveling it before her net. Nothing game breaking and she is still outclassed by most ranged champs but she isn't far behind.

El Hebrew Hammer

03-31-2011

Thanks guys. Maybe I'll pick her up. Assuming they'll tweak her more in the future, Caitlyn may just be my new favorite ranged DPS

DrKered

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeen View Post
I still feel her problem is she has 3 skills that have a delay which essentially slow down her dps, compared to all the other DPS champs
Agreed the delay on her Q makes me feel like I am losing damage and anyone paying attention can dodge it. I would like her traps to open faster since otherwise they seem too slow to catch anything.

El Hebrew Hammer

03-31-2011

Yeah that's one of my gripes as well. Her Q is simply too dodge-able. Anyone paying attention can outright avoid it. If they took the delay off of W and had it activate upon being stepped on, then I could deal with the Q. But they need to fix one of them.

Kind of annoying how Riot hasn't done too much with her since release to make her viable, she's a really cool character

ZXPrototype

03-31-2011

Here's the thing with caitlyn, She's all about killing solo mid. Very similar to leblanc.
Farming up an IE than PD is uncontrollable amounts of damage due to her passive. Her passive now gives her a slightly higer overall straight up greater dps than ashe, at the trade of CC.

Her damage is more than acceptable, her Q isn't too "dodge-able", its most caits spam it and enemy sees it a mile away. cait then runs out of mana then bases.
Now, caitlyn isn't as mana hungry as ez or corki, but she does require some mrgen. Seals and ONE meki pendant (never upgraded) gives her great sustainability.

Caitlyn's Q is VERY similar to nidalees spear. Of course its easy to "dodge" by simply moving, this is solved by creating situations where you have vision of the enemy but they don't have vision of you. It's where their standing still, maybe in a middle of a fight, where you can hit for the most damage.

Also, counter intuitively, if an enemy is starting to get low in a teamfight and retreating, you shouldn't use the ultimate. Even if it appears you'll make it, if you see ANY other characters on your screen than switch your fire. The channel, while smaller now, will take away from your awesome auto attack since in team fights it is always blocked. Use ultimate strictly for lane killing and ganks on people by themselves.