wtf do i do with koggy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beat Dat Pete

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2011

i been playing him last couple of days and usually win and do well. i pretty much rush madreds and stack speed/survive items.

i i run hp quint, arm pen red, atk speed yellow, cooldown blue. should i be using maic pen instead of arm pen? all the guides i see say i should and should go hybrid or full ap. i shred tanks as it is....advice plz.

Phil Li

03-31-2011

I think starting mid on 5v5 with a doran's is fine. Just last hit. Grab greaves and start zeal on the first time back, then grab a madreds and either finish phantom dancer or bloodrazor, then finish the other. Grab another phantom or a infinity edge afterwards unless you are having survival issues, then grab a banshees veil. I haven't had too much trouble using kog but then again I'm in the ELO HELLLLLL

PureCarnage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2011

Madreds Bloodrazors is awesome on him. After that, either grab some damage/attack speed, or survivability.
Good items for those are:
Infinity edge
Sword of the divine
Malady
Banshees veil

Rumuwi

03-31-2011

I usually rush a Madreds then Sorc boots, Malady, Nashors tooth, Deathcap, and then whatever is needed

Phil Li

03-31-2011

you need zeal on him first, his movement speed isn't the highest to start with and ghost/flash are your only escape options. The slight move speed increase is incredibly imporatant.

Beat Dat Pete

03-31-2011

runes.....what runes, ive tried 3 diff setups today and won all 3, dont know which i like more.

Cayten Shift

03-31-2011

I prefer building him AD/slight hybrid, personally. Start boots and pots, grab Berserker's Greaves (REALLY help you early, can be sold lategame if you need something else. Follow it up by rushing Bloodrazor, then various AS/AD items. My personal favorites are Wit's End/Malady and Frozen Mallet. If I want to go hybrid I'll occasionally run Nashor's Tooth and/or a Gunblade, or if I want to be a **** with the slows I'll grab a Rylai's after my Frozen Mallet. For survivability, Kog'Maw doesn't have a whole lot of base HP to begin with, so armor and MR don't really help him. Building items to increase AS, AD or AP that also give health is probably best, just because he simply won't get as much EHP from armor or MR.

As for AP vs. AS, build whichever you like. AP focuses on using your abilities as nukes and getting a bit more percentage damage per shot with Bio-Arcane Barrage. Is it viable? Hell yes, I love hitting for ridiculous damage with Living Artillery (remember that it does 2.5x as much damage as it says it does to champions). However, I find that using him as a tank-shredder is both (a) HILARIOUS (and has the added bonus of letting you take Nashor ridiculously fast with just two people (you and a tank), and (b) more helpful to the team, as even if you die you can turn a 5v5 into a 4v4 (or even 3v4) AND leave the enemies without a tank.

Good luck playing the most epically adorable champion in LoL! ^_^

Nabonidus

03-31-2011

Rushing Madred's generally isn't that great. By all means build some of it (Recurve bow) early, but rushing it isn't as effective early game. Better to get a phage before you finish it, since it covers Kog's lack of CC and makes it more likely you'll get to pummel them to death without them escaping.

Cayten Shift

03-31-2011

Honestly it depends on how fast you can get BR. If you're getting fed and their bruisers haven't gotten a whole bunch of AP yet, Phage is absolutely a good choice. If Kog'Maw (being a carry, after all) is having trouble with his early gold-flow, getting BR sooner is best. Generally, try to have Bloodrazor between 20 and 30 minutes; I personally prefer to have it at the 25-minute mark, as this is when it starts coming into its own.

The Holy Bible

03-31-2011

Go AP, Kog'Maw will be the love of your life