Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Nasus, Curator of the Sands

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roninsm

03-20-2010

Free Nasus this week, and it seems there are a lot of people asking questions, so I'm giving this a shameless bump.

Hyfe

03-21-2010

Refreshing to see a good Nasus guide.

I didn't read every word, just skimmed through, and I just wanted to say congratulations on not being ******ed.

And to all the people asking, yes you can skip the chalice if you have mp5/lvl regen runes. Chalice used to be a staple for my Nasus but after getting mp5 runes I only grab a chalice against a very magic heavy lane combo/team or a lane combo that is harassing the **** out of me. If your up against a real tough lane combo and can't get any any last hits in without being harassed nearly to death, grab a chalice and level up your SF in order to keep up in creep kills.

I usually run cleanse ghost to maximize dmg output in team battles. There's lots of other viable summoner spells though, including rally, exhaust, TP.

BTW sheen first works just fine in lower ELO pubs with unorganized team play. Reason being it's much less likely to have early team battles. Sheen gives you a good early dmg boost for laning. If you are playing higher ELO or think your team will be pushing or fighting early, you need that Aegis for the team buff.

RainbowVoodoo

Master Recruiter

03-21-2010

Thank you for this great guide. Its made me a much better nasus player.
I've had about 3 games all which are wins.
Meki + 2 hp pots, merc boots ageis then sheen and then the guardian angel. Haven't had the game last longer than that.

Militiades

Friend of Urf

03-22-2010

Heres how to become a crazy godlike tank Nasus.

1.You have tele/ghost as your summoner spells, you start with armor + mana pots + health pots
2. You farm up 675g and buy your first HoG. (tele is for those quick shopping trips)
3. You farm some more and buy another HoG, and another HoG.
4. You have 3 HoG's and now you buy boots (merc/tabi depending on your opponent)
5. Ignore SS for the most part (one rank might be nice before six just to a get little extra dmg on it early) and concentrate on your super slow and your armor reducing SF. Ult+slow with a friend for some easy kills, ghost to chase people down. Tower dive like crazy cause your huge in god mode.
6. If they got some annoying CC buy a banshees with some of that sweet bounty gold you have wracked up. Otherwise make your first sunfire.
7. Kill more fools, make another sunfire.
8. Now your huge, with lots of armor and enough mana to be getting on with. If you have been abusing the golem buff like you should then it shouldnt be a problem.
9. Start selling off HoG's to make more sunfires, possibly an atmas or thornmail or force of nature, depending on how the other teams dmg shakes out.
10. Nothing can touch you. Stacked with 3 Sunfires and a banshees, plus a miscellaneous tank item you can smash on anyone forever and laugh in the face of their dmg. Your ult+sunfire dmg outpute is ridiculous, and if they stand in SF at the same time you can easily rack up multi-kills.

Congratulations, you are a god tank Nasus.

roninsm

03-22-2010

Quote:
Militiades:
Heres how to become a crazy godlike tank Nasus.

Congratulations, you are a god tank Nasus.

And this build takes what, 30-40 minutes before it becomes seriously effective? And it costs upwards of 13k gold. There are cheaper, faster ways to make yourself an effective tank. Sure this works, and when you get the 3x sunfires it's great, but there are better ways to do it.

Militiades

Friend of Urf

03-23-2010

Actually, you really hit your stride at that first sunfire cape, which you should have before 25 mins. And Nasus being a mad farmer, plus HoG's, its really not that hard to end a 35 mins game with several sunfires and a banshees veil. Give it a whirl.

MookieNJ

03-24-2010

Thanks for this guide it's really helped me pick up the basics on playing as Nasus! A few modifications that have worked well for me:

Try starting with a Doran's Ring or Mana Manipulator. Upgrading the MM to a Soul Shard later in the game is pretty sweet. Aegis and Sheen are great as the original poster pointed out, and upgrading the Sheen to Triforce is really nice. I've been starting on Madred's Bloodrazor last and this is where most games have ended.

roninsm

03-24-2010

Doran's ring is kinda pointless because you don't need the AP, and meki gives more mana regen. Mana manipulator makes sense if you're getting soul shroud though.