How to Play Effectively as Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-18-2010

Just a few comments about the guide.

While Kirby might have been wrong about the Tabi and Swiftness, you did post Boots of Speed as your 3rd item and then Boots as your 4th item. Even if you meant this as a third option, it does look a bit confusing as written

I would be wary about recommending Ignite and Clarity as primary summoner spells for her. Poppy in and of herself is a finisher, so ignite really isn't going to get you a kill when you wouldn't have been able to ulti and get in there to do the job yourself. Clarity, while useful early, really becomes moot later on especially if you're getting sheen or triforce and have a slightly larger mana pool.

Unless you're doing an AP build or are acting as your team's primary DPS, maxing heroic charge early doesn't really add a whole lot of value. It increases it's base damage a little bit, but the stun time stays the same and the mana cost goes up. You're much better off getting the armor/dmg bonus from Paragon (and having the activatable run speed) than a bit more extra damage at a higher mana cost.

JurisnaethMKIV

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Just a few comments about the guide.

While Kirby might have been wrong about the Tabi and Swiftness, you did post Boots of Speed as your 3rd item and then Boots as your 4th item. Even if you meant this as a third option, it does look a bit confusing as written

I would be wary about recommending Ignite and Clarity as primary summoner spells for her. Poppy in and of herself is a finisher, so ignite really isn't going to get you a kill when you wouldn't have been able to ulti and get in there to do the job yourself. Clarity, while useful early, really becomes moot later on especially if you're getting sheen or triforce and have a slightly larger mana pool.

Unless you're doing an AP build or are acting as your team's primary DPS, maxing heroic charge early doesn't really add a whole lot of value. It increases it's base damage a little bit, but the stun time stays the same and the mana cost goes up. You're much better off getting the armor/dmg bonus from Paragon (and having the activatable run speed) than a bit more extra damage at a higher mana cost.

I see where I was a bit off then. I made the necessary edits to avoid confusion.

Thank you sir.

Knexus

02-18-2010

This is exactly how I play poppy but unfortunately this will all change once the next patch comes out which nurfs both sheen and trinity

Grovel

02-19-2010

What about Warmog's? Too expensive? Overkill? I don't play a lot of aggressive champs, but I like her sturdiness. Looking for the best way to balance the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knexus View Post
This is exactly how I play poppy but unfortunately this will all change once the next patch comes out which nurfs both sheen and trinity
what's this change?