Poppy's Q: Magic or Physical?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veinslay

02-20-2010

Are you guys sure it's physical? I bought armor pen. runes just for the Q spam, and I can't say I feel the damage increase from runes+brutalizer.

Kritara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2010

1) Only 2 abilities to my knowledge deal physical damage: Nasus' Siphon Strike and Gang's Parley
2) Easiest way to find out of an ability deals magic damage or not, smack a Morgana with her shield up.
3) Blitzcrank's power fist dmg deals his TOTAL attack damage(read the tooltip).
4) Sheen/Trinity Force/Lich Bane boost the BASE attack damage. I.E if your champion at lvl 18 has 100 base attack damage, they will(on proc) have 200 base attack damage for the next attack.

Example:

Say Gangplank parley's ability is this. Base dmg of +50. Now since the change it's what 110% of your attack damage? For ease sake, Gangplank has 100 base attack damage at lvl 18. He's got trinity force, and a total 250 attack damage after items.
Now he raises morale for the trinity force proc, granting his next attack 150% bonus base damage. That's 250 + 150 from items which gives us 400.

Now since parley is 110% of your attack damage, it's 440 + 50. That's 490 damage right there. This is before armor penetration, and is not a critical hit.

P.S: I've never seen Poppy's Devestating Blow crit.

Joru

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritara View Post
4) Sheen/Trinity Force/Lich Bane boost the BASE attack damage. I.E if your champion at lvl 18 has 100 base attack damage, they will(on proc) have 200 base attack damage for the next attack.

Example:

Say Gangplank parley's ability is this. Base dmg of +50. Now since the change it's what 110% of your attack damage? For ease sake, Gangplank has 100 base attack damage at lvl 18. He's got trinity force, and a total 250 attack damage after items.
Now he raises morale for the trinity force proc, granting his next attack 150% bonus base damage. That's 250 + 150 from items which gives us 400.

Now since parley is 110% of your attack damage, it's 440 + 50. That's 490 damage right there. This is before armor penetration, and is not a critical hit.
I'm 95% sure that the correct formula is 250*1.1 + 150 + 50, not (250+150)*1.1 + 50. To my knowledge, Sheen/Lichbane/Trinity bonus damage is never multiplied by skills or crits and the like.

By the same token, Blitzcrank with 100 base damage, a +50 Bloodfury Sword, and Sheen will do 150+150+100 with Power Fist, not 250+250. And when he crits, it's 150+150+150+100, with the extra damage from the crit not including Sheen and also not being multiplied by Power Fist (though Parrrley may work differently with crits).

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2010

It applies sheen, so does it also apply other on-hit effects from auto-attacks?