Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Early lane domination with Ryze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeth

02-17-2010

I played Ryze for the first time yesterday, and have just been rolling the enemies with him. I main Sivir, and I've had my good days, but it's ludicrous that I went 10/1/16 with a squishy caster on my third game, especially since the match ended with a <5 difference b/t each team's kills.

Anyway, I was wondering what you guys thought was the best way to establish early lane control with Ryze. Here's my idea:

Take clair, hopefully use it on their spawn successfully to find out whether top or bottom is squishier. Go there.

Because of your first clair, you can hopefully determine whether you will get to bushes first or them. If you aren't sure, wait for the 2nd clair (easier if you are 21 deep in utility).

Spell Flux ftw. Just ran the numbers and you get a whopping 185 damage to Enemy A and another 115 to Enemy B. Additionally, Enemy A will have -15 MR and Enemy B will have 0 MR. Hopefully your lane partner has any kind of magic damage... most magic damage rank 1's go between 60-90, but the person with negative MR will be taking more like 70-100 (slightly higher).

The point of the clair is that if you are warring for the bushes this lets you cast the flux from one bush to the next, or straight into your bushes if they got there way before you for some reason.

Oh... here are those numbers:
Enemy A and Enemy B have 30 MR each, for 23% reduction to magic damage

Spell Flux hit 1:
Enemy A takes 70 * (.77) = 54 magic damage
Enemy A MR reduced to 15, for 13% magic damage reduction

Spell Flux hit 2:
Same as hit 1, for enemy B

Spell Flux hit 3:
Enemy A takes 70 * (.87) = 61 magic damage
Enemy A MR reduced to 0, for 0% magic damage reduction

Spell Flux hit 4:
Same as hit 3, for enemy B

Spell Flux hit 5:
Enemy A takes 70 * (1.0) = 70 magic damage
Enemy A MR reduced to -15, for 18% magic damage increase

Aftermath:
Enemy A takes 54 + 61 + 70 = 185 magic damage and takes 118% magic damage for approx 5 seconds

Enemy B takes 54 + 61 = 115 magic damage and takes 100% magic damage for approx 5 seconds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BankaiOwns

02-17-2010

i like hiding in the bushes at lvl 1 and popping spell flux for 3 hits and teammate hits then finish with ignite