First thoughts LoL/GUI

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inali

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2009

Ok so I just started to have time to start playing/testing LoL. My experience with this type of game dates all the way back to Aeon of Strife and the original start of dota on wc3. So I have had my fair share of experience with these games.

Everything in the game itself like the graphics gameplay is great, awesome style and I like the original additions you took away/gave to the dota concept. Of course it needs some polish. How far off is the planned release by the way?

Only problem that has stuck out to me is the in game gui. The map is on the wrong side for one, I would even have it in the middle. Naturally your eyes move from left to right when your focusing on things and it just feels wrong. I think the middle would be better. OR what would be amazing add a feature to move you map or ui elements where you like, or at least some parts. Secondly the in game ui does not match the quality of the other game elements, has almost a kindergarden type computer game look to it.

Also I do not have an option to use 1900x1200 resolution and it makes the graphics look stretched at 1600 any fix for this? Or is this going to happen in the near future?

Also if a game in this genre is going to succeed it needs the key element of detailed statistics of players and a amazing in game menu/ui for networking/playing games competing and comparing. I am hoping this is going to have a lot of work in the future. I don't need to know things like if my hero is alive or dead at the end of the game but I might want to know actions per minute etc..

Also what is the deal with the windowed ui and then loading into fullscreen for games? Guessing this is also temporary.

I know there are other things in this post non HUD related so let me know if I need to post any of this in a specific forum. Really fun game that makes you laugh also which is very rare. Kudos to the makers and look forward to further testing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hustletrees

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by inali View Post
the in game ui does not match the quality of the other game elements, has almost a kindergarden type computer game look to it
Spot on, everything behind the UI looks amazing. But rounded pink gloss buttons, bulky fonts and textured borders around everything... Feels very out of place. It's like Purble Place mixed with Diablo.

I hope this will be given more consideration!