New Free Champions (Week 13)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeebus

02-19-2010

wish we could get more choices for bots

Mooinacan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
The Heroic/Epic/Legendary analysis is based on RP prices - if people would rather have IP prices then speak up (opinions were divided last week).

- RiotChris
Dear RiotChris,
After some number crunching and comparisons, if you were to go off a hybrid between ip/rp prices there would be 6 tiers of prices.

First Tier: 975rp or 6300ip
Anivia, Blitzcrank, Corki, Karthus, Twitch

Second Tier: 975rp or 3150ip
Gangplank, Gragas, Heimerdinger, Kassadin, Katarina, Nidalee, Rammus, Shaco, Udyr

Third: 585rp or 3150ip
Cho'gath, Jax, Malaphite, Morgana, Taric, Teemo, Warwick

Fourth: 585rp or 1350ip
Allistar, Amumu, Dr. Mundo, Evelynn, Fiddlesticks, Janna, Nasus, Singed, Sion, Tristana, Tryndamere, Twisted Fate, Veigar, Zilean

Fifth: 260rp or 1350ip
Annie, Poppy, Ryze

Sixth: 260rp or 450ip
Ashe, Kayle, Master Yi, Nunu, Sivir, Soraka

Therefore, my opinion/vote as to pricing between rp or ip is neither. I would take this data and somehow try to get the higher tier champions available simply because the lower/cheaper tiers are much more easily obtained. After this data comparison I was also vexed with the question, "If all the champions are balanced and equal, why do some cost more than others?"

Just my thoughts, love the ideology behind how free champions are picked but the actual system could use improvement imho.

Seeing as I own most of the heroes, except Gragas, I could really care less whether I'm facing bad twitches or eves when they're free.

Sincerely,
Mooinacan

CaptainBinkles

02-19-2010

I find it interesting all the hate going out towards both DPS Malphite and AP Sion, both of which are very legit builds. AP Sion can dish out a LOT of burst damage, and paired with lich bane, thats all you really need. Especially against the squishys, i've popped shield, stun, and hit once and they're gone. Besides this fact, a melee caster seems odd yes, but you're also a side tank. While your damage output is high, you're going to be a target, but you're also hard to take down, leaving much more time for other dps to attack.

Also, with Maphites passive, everyone just ASSUMES he is a tank. While this is a viable strategy yes, and happens to be what I play, Malphite can be a heay hitter. Perhaps not the fastest of dps, but still a damage dealer with pretty good cc to boot. Obviously you'll need a different tank on your team if you plan to dps but still, its very well worth it.

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
We have just rotated the 10 free Champions and announced . The new 10 free Champions are:

Week 13:
Code:
Annie        Mage
Cho'gath    Tank
Evelynn        Melee DPS
Janna        Mage
Malphite    Melee DPS
Morgana        Support
Rammus        Tank
Sivir        Ranged DPS
Veigar        Mage
Poppy        Melee DPS
Week 14 (next week):
Code:
Ashe        Ranged DPS
Kayle        Tank
MasterYi    Melee DPS
NuNu        Tank
Ryze        Mage
Taric        Support
Teemo        Ranged DPS
Tryndmere    Melee DPS
Zilean        Support
Nidalee        Melee DPS
If you wondered how we picked these Champions, here's some insight for your:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=46045

I'm also dropping a chart of past rotations, but I've cut out the first couple weeks (it was getting too big) and introduced a count of how many times each Champion has been free (to please the stats followers). The Heroic/Epic/Legendary analysis is based on RP prices - if people would rather have IP prices then speak up (opinions were divided last week).

- RiotChris
You should be going by ip prices not by riot point prices. There are so many champs that cost 975 RP that aren't even close to legendary. The 6300 IP champs are all legendary. Why not just pick those?

Korcannus

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasma View Post
My vote for next week you do choose them is: NOT twitch. Anyone else is fine.
wont matter cuz after this double IP week i GARAUNTEE (sp?) you will see more twitches.

pookabunny

02-19-2010

OMG. ive been wanting to try out janna and morgana..
and nidalee next week? YES.

CorDemian

02-19-2010

Does anyone hear that? That howling? That insufferable wailing? Yeah, that's Warick. From being not played. Would someone be so kind and fix that? Ala Trial heroes? Much obliged.

TikTox

02-19-2010

Why not Sion?! according to the chart, he's only been free once! cmon!

Heronti

02-20-2010

im sick of ashe
and ryze
omg every game have both

El Jaun Zinco

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBinkles View Post
I find it interesting all the hate going out towards both DPS Malphite and AP Sion, both of which are very legit builds. AP Sion can dish out a LOT of burst damage, and paired with lich bane, thats all you really need. Especially against the squishys, i've popped shield, stun, and hit once and they're gone. Besides this fact, a melee caster seems odd yes, but you're also a side tank. While your damage output is high, you're going to be a target, but you're also hard to take down, leaving much more time for other dps to attack.

Also, with Maphites passive, everyone just ASSUMES he is a tank. While this is a viable strategy yes, and happens to be what I play, Malphite can be a heay hitter. Perhaps not the fastest of dps, but still a damage dealer with pretty good cc to boot. Obviously you'll need a different tank on your team if you plan to dps but still, its very well worth it.
The thing is with AP Sion is that his shield and stun are the only abilities affected by AP. If you use DPS Sion, not only is your overall damage output better because you don't rely on cooldowns, you can also heal your team in team fights pretty fast at top level ultimate; let alone go 3 on one thanks to the ult.

I do agree with Damage Malphite, though if you build him as a tank you get some good damage output with his ground slam.