Corki and Trinity Force

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaoticHypnotic

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
Sheen and later TForce are Corki 101. If you aren't getting them you're playing him wrong. The reason is the enemy isn't going to nicely sit there and let you pound on them with your IE, Black Cleaver, and Bloodthirster. Not to mention, teamfights and ganks are hardly static affairs anyways. You need to make every one of your hits count and getting a TForce ensures that they do. Not to mention Corki will almost never have trouble procing them.

Sheen and TForce are Corki 101.

But, many people know him well enough to be playing at a 201+ level, which doesn't need TF at all.

AIM7Sparrow

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticHypnotic View Post
Sheen and TForce are Corki 101.

But, many people know him well enough to be playing at a 201+ level, which doesn't need TF at all.
lawl

DonkeyBalls

02-19-2010

I was under the assumption that AP Corki was superior? Is that not the case? It sounds like there is still quite a bit of debate on the issue.

Kendouy

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyBalls View Post
I was under the assumption that AP Corki was superior? Is that not the case? It sounds like there is still quite a bit of debate on the issue.
No there isn't? Almost no one advocates AP Corki, since DPS Corki outputs so much more steady damage.

Malduk

02-19-2010

Well, since TF is getting nerfed (both in dmg and slow), I tried sheen/rylas combination, followed by cleaver if game goes long enough. Still can't decide which way I prefer better...
Rylas gives some power to your rockets, and provides reliable slow for catching up, but lacks in phys dps and movement speed...

AIM7Sparrow

02-19-2010

Someone posted in a different thread some very good reasons why AP Corki is inferior to DPS.

1. Missiles stop at the first target they reach. In team fights you are more than likely to be wasting missiles on that big, lumbering Alistar running up to your team instead of the tiny Trist sitting in back. Scale AP all you want, however late-gate your missiles will be going to waste anyways, not to mention they can be dodged. Normal attacks however can be targeted and will hit whoever you want them to. Win.

2. Valkyrie is/should not be used offensively ever except you're at full HP and 5v1 ganking for the ace. Another AP scaling skill that's near useless in terms of damage.

3. Passive increases, basic attack +10%. Gattling gun reduced armor in front of you and deals damage based on weapon damage. These two skills only ever get better with DPS items. Shredding a tanks armor is awesome and dealing extra damage is also awesome.

Overall, the only skill that TRULY benefits the entire game from AP is Phosphorus bomb. AP < DPS.

IamTehPsyko

02-19-2010

I play corki at mid to high elo and after over 180 games with corki this is what i broke his items down to.

In higher elo games you dont get to farm like you do in lower elo games so you gotta get your **** fast and what i find best is

Starting items:
Doran's Shield (reason for dorans shield is A: Health and B: you should be last hitting creeps so any life leach is useless cause u wont be attacking too often making the hp5 far superior to Life Leach)
Health Potion x 1

First Return to buy:
BF Sword (At 7-9 minutes I usually have around 2k gold and find BF Sword at this time in the game to be the best thing for you)
Boots

After first buy your team usually gathers up and does some team farming and ganking and if successful you are now loaded with cash and can get:
Merc Treads
Infinity Edge

Now is when it gets difficult. Depending on the team you are facing you now either go for a catalyst and get Banshees Veil or again depending on the team go for Starks (which is what i prefer A: great for your team B: The extra attack speed is amazing)

Now if you got starks at the last check point I am a team player my next item is usually Aegis of the Legion.

And usually the game is over before it comes to the last part but alot of times its great to stack starks and aegis with a sivir which is usually part of the premade comp i run with

Argent Shaman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2010

The main reason behind Trinity Force on Corki is because it gives him everything that he needs. Crit, Attack Speed, AP, Mana, and Health. In Addition to those you get the Sheen Proc which corki can easily get which drastically increases his damage, and the phage slow effect which is also good on corki because he has no slows or Snares. In the end Corki can put full use to the Trinity Force which is one of the main reasons why it is such a good item on him.

Usually for me build will usually consist of Trinity Force, boots (Mercury Threads/Berserkers), Black Cleaver, Banshee Veil. The order can change but a majority of the time that's how I go. I find that as good as Infinity edge is it's not nearly as synergistic as say a Black Cleaver which works amazing in conjunction with Gattling Gun, Corki never really gets enough Crit gear to make infinity Edge worth it enough.

~Argent