Verbally Harassing Teammates Does Not Increase Your ELO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cotilin

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsack View Post
Not entirely true.
Verbally harassing your teammates increase the probability that they will quit playing LoL. If they are worthy of verbal harassment there is a high probability that they suck. If they suck, and quit playing LoL, then less baddies will be in the system. Thus, more chances for a team sans scrubs (which should increase your LoL if you believe that you play better pro v pro than baddie v baddie)
I really hope you aren't serious. Even baddies deserve to enjoy the game. Besides, often the verbal harassment starts at first blood or is completely without warrant. I recently was verbally harassed in a game where I went 9-3-9 and it was very obvious our team was going to win throughout the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemonGyro

04-15-2011

Regardless of whether you play ranked or not, people will verbally harass if they want to, and for most of the time no reason. I am not Lv 30 yet, but I still know my way around LoL enough to play well. I find that even in Custom or Co-op vs AI games that people are still verbally putting down other players. Seriously guys? Custom and Co-op? You should just stop playing if you can't even co-operate with people in a game focused mainly on fun than winning.

There is nothing wrong with helping out someone who is learning, but for f*** sakes, do it properly, don't verbally harass them... I've played games where a newb is feeding and given them advice, like to sit back and only engage when they were absolutely sure that they wouldn't die, instead of always going kamakaze for a kill... If you can help them out and teach them the finer points of the game, they won't be newbs anymore. But if you are harassing people, just go play Custom by yourself...