Verbally Harassing Teammates Does Not Increase Your ELO

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tasty Cookies

03-30-2011

Earlier today I played a ranked game. Starting from champion select on, one of our teammates started talking about how he would rather feed the opponent with this team composition than dodge. It went downhill from there - he complained the *entire* time through the end of the game.

Before mid lane even leveled, another teammate joined in and started verbally abusing our team. The verbal harassment was so awful that I offered two surrender votes. By the end of the game I literally stopped trying, and fed the enemy team two kills. Is that acceptable? No. Justifiable? No, not at all. But at that point, I did not want those two teammates of mine to win.

I see a lot of people on here complaining about scrub teammates in ranked, being trapped in ELO hell, yadda yadda yadda, but maybe if you decided to help your teammates out, collaborate, and cooperate, rather than entering every game with a nasty attitude, you'd find that people will do a lot better.

You do not deserve a higher ELO for chewing out your team, and you won't get one for it. They'll probably stop paying attention to you, working with you, or caring that you're in the game. I left chat on in hopes to cooperate with them, but usually I just /ignore people who start dishing out blame, even if it's not to me. How do you expect to play a collaborative team game like that?

Don't start ranked games with such an awful attitude, and I'm sure you'll find you have a much better chance at winning.

ViolentSymphony

03-31-2011

the wonders of the /ignore function

HarisPiIton

03-31-2011

I don't think the trolls check forums, let alone this section

Tasty Cookies

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarisPiIton View Post
I don't think the trolls check forums, let alone this section
Sometimes I don't think they're trolls. I hear people complaining about ELO hell on here all the time.

Levi

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Cookies View Post
By the end of the game I literally stopped trying, and fed the enemy team two kills.
Lost all consideration for you and this post.

You are no better than them.

Trickbaby

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentSymphony View Post
the wonders of the /ignore function
which is a great function... but without being able to communicate with a team-member, you essentially lose that person from any coordinated advances...

there is literally, no reason for these people not to grief the **** out of everyone else... they can just make another account and continue on their merry way.

Tasty Cookies

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post

I don't think I am any better than they are. But all this "ah I'm stuck with a full team of baddies you're all the cause of my loss! every game!" needs to stop.

Call Mee Maybee

04-14-2011

Not entirely true.
Verbally harassing your teammates increase the probability that they will quit playing LoL. If they are worthy of verbal harassment there is a high probability that they suck. If they suck, and quit playing LoL, then less baddies will be in the system. Thus, more chances for a team sans scrubs (which should increase your LoL if you believe that you play better pro v pro than baddie v baddie)

cLHx1

04-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi View Post
lost all consideration for you and this post.

exactly.. And how do you expect someone who doesnt feed and actually tries everygame to get his team to win but to no avail. People are like this in low elo all the time.

Cotilin

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post

The fact that he fed doesn't change the truth in his post. Verbal harassment is a big problem in the League of Legends Community, and it is often a big reason why a team will lose.