How should Lux be built?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Info Mouse Mat

03-31-2011

I've heard some differing opinions. Some seem to say that CDR is the way to go, some say she should focus on being a nuker. There doesn't seem to be general consensus on a way to build her.

I've been getting tear early on to alleviate my early-game mana issues, and then later building that into an AA, but I've heard a lot of people saying that AA is not worth it on Lux.

There's also the whole ionion boots vs. sorc boots thing as well.

Which items would you say are a 'must'?

Should I bother trying to get survivability? (BV or RoA)

Bumbah

03-31-2011

great question. But i'm probably not going to tell you anything new

I rush tear, then sorc, then finish AA, then rabadon.

I will sometimes grab BV before rabs if i'm getting focused or dying. If not, i will rush Frozen Heart for the mana and cdr.

Basically maximize possible dmg early (mpen, AP) and get ahead in kills. Then finish up CDR cap and mana for ult/nuke spam in team fights

Ruigo Pan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2011

You're right. There isn't a consensus how to build her. It simply a matter of what your team needs and how you want to play her. You can build her as a nuker if your team needs more burst damage or CDR to quickly deal out damage and support your team faster, but you aren't necessarily the strongest caster in the world.

Lux is flexible in the regard that you can build her multiple ways and she's still an effective champion. Her abilities provide decent damage, decent support and decent range. She's no Veigar, but she's an all around good caster champion once you get around the traveling time of her QWE skills and the channeling time of R.

Survivability is always a must on any champion, especially in the current metagame. Squishies are considered food to many other champions and will continue to be food. What you need depends on the team. If the enemy team is AP scalers and AP caster heavy, a Banshee's and an Abyssal should get you through just fine. If you need some armor, you'll probably grab another item.

As for Mana issues, I usually pack Clarity to fix that in a pinch, but you can always get either a Catalyst the Protector or a Tear of the Goddess to relieve yourself of that or just pack some Mana Regen. Morello's + Another Mana Regen item should relieve you of mana issues if you don't want to go the Tear or Catalyst route into AA Staff or Rod of Ages.

Ásbjørg

03-31-2011

My build is Sapphire Crystal into Sheen, Boots of Speed into Sorcerer Shoes, Amplifying Tome into Mejai's, Blasting Wand into Archangel's Staff. Then Rabadon's Deathcap. If the game is long enough, Lich Bane.

The take away from this is I love Sheen. I feel it's very good in the laning phase for harass and helping with mana problems.

Other players prefer Tear of the Goddess into Archangel's which is fine. It's just a different playstyle. If you like harassment, I recommend Sheen first.

For runes I go magic penetration marks, mana regeneration per five per level seals, cooldown reduction per level glyphs, and flat health quintessences. For summoner's, I pick Flash (which I use aggressively, I might add), and Clairvoyance. Clairvoyance is great for lacks of mia calls, avoiding bad facechecks, and placing Lux's ultimate.

Info Mouse Mat

03-31-2011

Do you guys think archangels is worth the extra ~70AP you'll get from the passive? or would i be better served getting a sheen + catalyst and then upgrading those later on?

I'm also always really tempted to get morellos just so i can fire mah lazor more often, but im always conflicted as to whether i should be building towards a deathcap instead to hit harder instead of hitting more often

txsnowman

03-31-2011

Magic pen and survivability, shes a mage/support but the only way to get decent dmg outta her is to havre around 40mpen, which easily attained

TehGus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2011

Sorcerer's Shoes/Mercury Treads, Haunting Guise, Deathfire Grasp/Morello's Evil Tome/Glacial Shroud (-> Frozen Heart), situational survivability + mana item, Rabadon's Deathcap, Lich Bane. Blue Elixir all the time.
Magic Pen marks and quints, CDR glyphs, MP5/level seals
9/0/21 masteries
That's how I like to build her and have been since her release.

Gunflame

03-31-2011

Personally I go:
- Meki
- Sorceress
- Morello
- Blue elixir 24/7
- Mejai
- Deathcap or banshee.

jars

03-31-2011

get a sheen first use it+ your passive to kill mans then buy a deathcap and laser everyone

Jabronis

03-31-2011

hybrid nuke/CDR spammer

my final build consists of

RoA
RoA
CDR Boots
Archangel Staff
Deathcap
Archangel Staff
Blue Elixir

my playstyle is to farm creeps w/ my 24 Sec ult and stand farther in the back than the carries are.

endgame my hp and mp both sit at around 3-3.5k