Why do people get Trinity Force?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ultimatnoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-17-2010

Would it be any good to get it for teemo? I never have, but might try getting it for kicks.

Alarik33

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatnoob View Post
Would it be any good to get it for teemo? I never have, but might try getting it for kicks.
No. Teemo only has blinding shot to activate the proc, which means he gets less use out of it than other heroes.

Trinity force is best for people who will be using abilities often.

IceDive

02-18-2010

Don't forget nasus btw, he loves triforce! Mana, health, IAS, Critt, Movement speed and those lovely passives. Makes your Sifoning Strike Critt for 1k damage late game if you have been farming it well.

SkarFaith

02-18-2010

I also play Nasus and Triforce is a core item imho.

Sheen early gives you more mana and more AP for spirit fire, which is your main farming weapon early game. The proc gives you increased damage, of course, but mostly, a nice burst with siphoning strikes.

Phage gives you health for survivability, which is essential, since Nasus is a melee character with no real initiating skill, and which benefits from staying alive longer (his ultimate). You'll often be the target of choice, because you're big and you've got a swarm of insects around you. The slow effect allows you to keep your target at range between uses of Wither.

Zeal gives you increased move speed which is essential for getting in range and beating enemies senseless. Attack speed is increased damage, increased chance of last hitting, of applying the phage effect. Crit is more damage. It's always nice to have your Siphoning strike hit hard.

To conclude, I'd say that for all-round champions and short CD spamming heroes, Tri-Force is really nice. And it only takes one slot in your inventory, but it's rarely a factor, since most games are over before you get 4 items.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2010

Quote:
No. Teemo only has blinding shot to activate the proc, which means he gets less use out of it than other heroes.
He also has shrooms. So Blinding Dart, auto attack, and Plant Shroom, and auto attack. Not really worth it IMO.

AutoSponge

02-18-2010

Trinity was probably made with Alistar in mind. He gets an AP boost (1:1 on all spells), move speed (he's a house on wheels with zeal/trinity), AS boost helps push towers down like sandcastles, and proc on his combos = devastating. The rest is just gravy.

Brozan

02-18-2010

Trinity is great IF you have a hero that benefits from AP and AD. I build it on crank because I build phage, zeal, and sheen regardless. Upgrading them to one slot is worth the paltry cost, and the passives makes it worth it anyway.

Weyen

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPgundam View Post
Players who buy Trinity Force usually do because they have Sheen, Zeal, or Phage and have about 3K gold to buy it. That means Ashe, Blitz, Nidalee, Sion, Yi, Warwick, Tristana, and Corki will have it.
Yeah, but Sheen, Phage, and Zeal all build to better items (Lich Bane, Frozen Mallet, and Phantom Dancer). If you're benefitting from all three of the base items, wouldn't you benefit more from building those three items separately than you would by mushing the weaker ones all together into the triforce? You'd get 400 more hp, 18% more crit, 20% more attack speed, 50 more mana, 50 more ap, and your procs are all a lot better (e.g. Frozen Mallet slowing on every attack, instead of a 25% chance). Unless you're in an hour long game where you have to worry about your inventory getting clogged? I dunno.

Nihili

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyen View Post
Yeah, but Sheen, Phage, and Zeal all build to better items (Lich Bane, Frozen Mallet, and Phantom Dancer). If you're benefitting from all three of the base items, wouldn't you benefit more from building those three items separately than you would by mushing the weaker ones all together into the triforce? You'd get 400 more hp, 18% more crit, 20% more attack speed, 50 more mana, 50 more ap, and your procs are all a lot better (e.g. Frozen Mallet slowing on every attack, instead of a 25% chance). Unless you're in an hour long game where you have to worry about your inventory getting clogged? I dunno.
Lich Bane's passive is based on AP, Triforce passive based on AD. If you're a physical, then Lich Bane will suck ass, and Triforce pwn face.

Also, building all these 3 items cost 8780 g, while Triforce costs 4070 g.

So you still have to pay 4710 gold for all these goodies you named.

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turiviel View Post
Trinity force doesn't have a 3 second cooldown.

/thread
Actually it does.