Why do people get Trinity Force?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobry Den

02-17-2010

Flatly necessary on Blitzcrank. I get it virtually every build I do with him unless we're getting wrecked so hard I have to build tank gear after Sheen. Its modularity (ability to buy a part of it every trip to the store) gives you some of the most constantly flowing itemization in the game as opposed to waiting for huge chunks of cash to buy other items.

And at the end, it only fills one slot.

Tenmar

02-17-2010

Well if you look at the item even the parts are as good as its core and really good for anyone but pure casters. Hybrid and melee can really benefit from trinity or even the parts that make the trinity force.

Think of it this way. If you are playing a champion and you are getting the phage and zeal there is the ability to go two routes. Either complete the trinity and get a well rounded item that is better than the two items separate, or if the match is going well and demands a little bit more speed and health you can turn the items into their more powerful form as separate items.

Going that route ensures flexibility and options for the player.

ShloobeR

02-17-2010

Trinity is simply amazing on Those characters because they trigger their abilities so often that it effectively doubles their damage output (give or take a little because it's only base damage), with a character like blitzcrank he benefits a lot from HP (phage) Attack Dmg (the 250% combined with powerfist is devastating) and Speed (Zeal)

as others have mentioned also, when all is said and done it's one single item so if that game goes into late game you're in a good position to build HEAVILY

Redtah

02-17-2010

its because sheen and/or phage are great starting items, then later after you get some other items you combine them to save space and get some Movement speed.

it basically comes down to because rushing a phage and a sheen is nice on some heroes then in later game you combine them and its win.

ironstove

02-17-2010

I get trinity force for the movespeed.

I would get dancing blades, but it depends on the hero. Blitz is the only hero I play where I get triforce, and I like it because it lets him move faster so he can overdrive and just run up to people and grab them with his hook when they don't expect it, or get into a good team fight position fast ect... there are a lot of reasons why the movespeed pays off on blitz.

There is no reason on why I need to explain why ability power and attack are good on him as well. What I normally do is build a sheen/zeal for speed and mana/cds. It is worth it imo if you have a well-rounded hero like blitzkrank or kass who are heroes that have short cd on spells that are being spammed constantly + constantly use a melee attack and such.

Grinningsphinx

02-17-2010

Well, i dont know about other toons, but Nidalee for sure... It comes from not having a proc cooldown unlike Sheen, which is 3 seconds... So for Nidalee is a huge amount of burst damage considering shes got 5 ablities she can run through to proc it.

Japanese

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
The point is, If you have 70 attack, and in 9 seconds you get 3 trinity force hits for 175 each (along with, say, 6 normal attacks at 70 each) totaling 945, you could have instead made 9 attacks at 120 damage each by just getting a bf sword totalling 1080 for half the price, or better yet with just a bf sword and sheen you could be doing much higher damage (1440).

Once your damage output is more fixed, then the AS, Hp, Slow, Mana, MS, Etc comes more in handy, but until then i would rather get an AD weapon
You make it sound like people stand around and auto-attack. Corki benefits from every single stat that Trinity Force gives, sure if you're both standing there auto-attacking the IE will come out ahead, but otherwise TF>IE mid-game. The IE is only really going to benefit your auto-attacks, while TF will improve everything that you do.

PatMcGroyne

02-17-2010

If Nidalee can get trinity force and a bloodthirster she is going to beat your team so badly you wont know what happened.

FPgundam

02-17-2010

Players who buy Trinity Force usually do because they have Sheen, Zeal, or Phage and have about 3K gold to buy it. That means Ashe, Blitz, Nidalee, Sion, Yi, Warwick, Tristana, and Corki will have it.

Gekkonidae

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcGroyne View Post
If Nidalee can get trinity force and a bloodthirster she is going to beat your team so badly you wont know what happened.
unless the other team has a keen-eyed, matched leveled AP Nidalee, respectively :P