Why do people get Trinity Force?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Botina

02-17-2010

It just doesn't seem viable. 4070 gold for an item that gives mediocre gain to almost every stat. I have read that Blitzcrank, Corki, Nidalee and Udyr all use this as their main item.

Could someone explain the reasoning behind this?

xahhfink6

02-17-2010

Sheen is a very good item, Phage is a very good item, Zeal is a very good item. They may not all be good on the same character, but there are builds where it is worth having all three, and giving each of them a buff while only taking up one slot can be very useful. What I do NOT like is when people grab trinity force before getting items that actually boost their damage output (nidalee and corki are the ones who are the worst at this). I like trinity force on each of them, but i find that it is only worth grabbing sheen for example until you have gotten some BF weapons, then finishing the Trinity

Burning Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2010

It is also mainly used for the increase to damage after casting a spell. Nidalee, Udyr, Corki, and Blitz all cast spells very often but are still quite reliant on their auto-attack to deal damage, and the extra damage following every cast is very useful. Think about this:

Blitz grabs you, and his next attack deals a lot more damage. Then, after the 3 ssecond CD goes down on Trinity, he pops his power fist, and that attack does even more than what it normally does because of Trinity. Then he Static Fields, and his last attack murders you because of Trinity Force.

If used correctly, it can add a lot of damage constantly to rotations. Just imagine what I said earlier, but with Udyr stance-dancing instead.

See?

xahhfink6

02-17-2010

The point is, If you have 70 attack, and in 9 seconds you get 3 trinity force hits for 175 each (along with, say, 6 normal attacks at 70 each) totaling 945, you could have instead made 9 attacks at 120 damage each by just getting a bf sword totalling 1080 for half the price, or better yet with just a bf sword and sheen you could be doing much higher damage (1440).

Once your damage output is more fixed, then the AS, Hp, Slow, Mana, MS, Etc comes more in handy, but until then i would rather get an AD weapon

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-17-2010

4k for a 1slot item that gives a lot of options and procs is quite a good option for DPS champions.

Level99RaidBoss

02-17-2010

Trinity force doesn't have a 3 second cooldown.

/thread

xahhfink6

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turiviel View Post
Trinity force doesn't have a 3 second cooldown.

/thread
Neither does infinity edge

Ryuk

02-17-2010

How much damage do you do if your dead or if the other hero is out of your range?

Obviously its better if you have trinity and IE, but each one has their uses.

Morzas

02-17-2010

Trinity Force gives you a little bit of everything that you need. Some HP, some mana, some crit. It's a solid item on heroes that don't have any kind of item tax.

Kendouy

02-17-2010

You learn to love trinity force as corki cause of the early abilityspamming, and the slow, and the movement speed. You always move on to things like Black Cleaver later, when your abilities start to loose their power.