[GUIDE] Shaco-Get first blood or kill yourself

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reaver Forte

07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matuk View Post
Word of advice: Shaco's fancy crit is not a true crit, thus it is not affected by crit damage runes.
I'm calling troll on this one.

zyklonbread

07-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver Forte View Post
I'm calling troll on this one.
Actually he's 100% correct, I'm trying to find the post but in one of the ask riot threads this was cleared up. They were considering updating the tooltip to confirm this, but it is NOT affected by +crit dmg.

Hellheart

07-23-2010

I love this guide, but yes, a few Release Notes ago they had a "Shaco" entry that included a statement saying, basically, "deceive isn't a true critical." So unless they're lying because they're ****s and really don't want to nerf Shaco, Critical Damage runes don't really do much for him. I'm still on the fence about Critical Chance runes, however, because it's not like you just hit the enemy once and then run away, and if you can chase those extra crits do make a ton of difference.

EDIT: ACTUALLY, they do, according to the post by Guinsoo here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=179047&page=2 . And if Guinsoo's got it wrong, we're all ****ed. But pretty much everyone makes it clear that Critical Damage runes are inferior to Armor Penetration. And Guinsoo's pointed out that those runes will probably be nerfed soon. So use your best judgement, I guess. I'll stick with my Critical Chance runes because they work on enough AD heroes to be viable regardless of what happens.

Choseph Stalin

Recruiter

07-23-2010

I AGREE somewhat with AD shaco with his auto attack guiding his main source of dmg, hoping in with deceive and landing several large crit hits. Feeding off stragglers and squishy characters never fails. AD shaco is great UNTIL..

Lets say your team sucks balls and the enemy team has no squishy characters watsoever. They hug together close with an oracle and your daggers aren't doing ****. Auto-attacking is out of the question cause they're gonna B***F*** the **** out of you the second your close. If your crazy you can try to seperate your clone and attack delayed behind him but they'll drop your copy and then you within seconds. Now your effectiveness is limited to how fast you can rage quit.

Lets look at this now with AP shaco (stay with me for a bit), your dagger, assuming u didn't have an utter fail start. Dagger with a 1:1 ap ratio can do an easy 500-600 mid game. LETS SAY U SPAM JACK IN THE BOXES, 5 perfectly stacked will kill any equal lvl hero(s), assuming a limit of about 2 heroes/5 jack in the boxes, without any assistance needed. To play it you send in your clone for a suicide run for an epic amount of aoe dmg, you trap one side about 5-10 sec tops to set it, and then lure and throw your 600 dmg daggers.

Lastly AD shaco has only 1 decieve which you use to get in, a simple stun/blind/slow, ignite, burst combo will drop you like the pedophilic clown he is.

Kamaro

07-24-2010

flash on shaco is bad. Ghost/Smite ftw, go jungle, max out 2shiv first, JitB 2nd. Once I get Madreds Razor I will be ganking and jungling for a LONG time before I go B, so my AD won't be that high (but buffs certainly help ganking). As Q scales with AD, and JitB deals static damage (100+ damage per hit per box at rank 5 is no laughing matter) I find it better, and I didnt even mention the 2 second AoE fear. I just use 1 rank of Deceive until my other skills are maxed. Two shiv is maxed first for the great nuke as well as the miss chance, which is a great way to mitigate damage whilst jungling.

You call stacking AD using Shaco to his full potential but I beg to differ. All you can do is deal one or two rediculously high crits and blow your other skills to GTFO. WIth my build I use Shaco to the fullest, using R for more than just a mediocre explosion every 60 sec. Madreds Bloodrazor is what I'm talking about, it will serve you better than an IE does (which doesn't even affect your Q). As for Occult; if things are going bad and you need the stacks, you don't get em. When you ARE getting them is when you're already winning anyway and not in need of them.

Really the only DPS items you need are Madreds Bloodrazor and Last Whisper - or when you're playing against a lot of squishies, Madreds Bloodrazor, Stark's Fervor and maybe a Brutalizer to (almost) completely nullify their armor. The MB+LW allows you to invest in defensive items (Aegis o/t Legion is great as with your clone up you get the aura twice, a very cost effective way to get some survivability).

Also, you advocate laning, while Shaco shouldn't be doing anything but jungling in his early game. He is a poor laner, while he can dominate the jungle. Get cloth armor and 5x health pot, go to Golem. Place 3 boxes at Golem, then place 2 boxes at the camp next to Golem. Wait until Golem spawns (have your side lane and mid cover the river in case they attempt to gank) and place a 4th box at Golem as soon as your other 3 boxes pop up (for a second fear effect). You should be able to take Golem down easily like this without the use of Smite (preserve it for Lizard), kill off the tiny lizards and you should be level 2 right now thanks to the Utility mastery.

Get a rank of 2shiv, pull the wolves/lesser golems into your JitB's with it and place a 3rd one. Spam your box and shiv and you should be able to clear this camp pretty easily, probably without the usage of potions yet.

Now, move on the the other side of the jungle, place a box at lizard, wait for the cd, place a 2nd one and pull them in it. Drink a potion. Finish the lizard off with smite and you will have both buffs now. Kill the tiny lizards as well and you should be level 3. Now you can decide to get 1 point in Deceive and gank a lane at this point, but if there is no opportunity to do so, get another point in two-shiv and clear the Wraith camp by placing a box in it and auto attacking/2shivving them. The same goes for the last camp. Now you are level 4. Either gank a lane or enter their jungle, you should have Smite up for blue buff.

Once you have the cash for it, go B and upgrade cloth armor into Madreds Razor and buy +1 boots and maybe 1 or 2 potions, if you have the money for it, buy vampiric sceptre as well. You can now keep on jungling and ganking throughout your mid game and as you hit the 30 min mark you should have Mercury's (Mobility not needed if you have Ghost, which I recommend because Ghost is so much better for chasing as well as escaping than Exhaust, which is greatly overestimated), Madreds Bloodrazor, Vamp Sceptre and Last Whisper, maybe even an Aegis of the Legion already, depending on how well you are doing.

As for runes, I would go with ArP reds, Mana regen/5 sec per level for yellow AND blue (this will cover any mana issues - get blue buff occasionally and regenerate your hitpoints with vamp sceptre in the jungle and you will hardly ever need to blue pill.
Quints are more personal, I myself go with Flat HP quints since sometimes people will attempt to gank you at level 1, the early survivability is nice. Movespeed is also very viable as well as extra EXP (may sound odd, but as you are solo jungling you build up quite a level advantage thanks to utility masteries and even more so with EXP quints).

I can assure you this build is vastly superior to yours, while your Shaco is worthless Early game, and if he doesn't get fat early game his mid and late game will stink too because you rely on Occult and getting some kills while you're in your lane. When using my build, on the other hand, you will be MIA constantly, and you'll always have red and blue buff. This gives you a great advantage over others when ganking, as they will never know when to expect you when you are never on the radar. On top of that, Shaco will contribute more to team fights, with his Aura items, always getting Dragon as soon as he spawns etc.

tl;dr
You turn Shaco into a one trick pony the way you build him, capable of nothing more than dealing 1 big critical hit, while Shaco is capable of doing so much more if you use him right.

FABIOForever

07-24-2010

Man, so many downvotes by nancies who play AD characters as AP because they'd rather squeeze every possible point of burst damage rather than waiting 0.4 seconds to surpass that with sustained dps.

The world will be a better place once all AP Card Masters and Shacos follow this guide (and kill themselves).