[GUIDE] Shaco-Get first blood or kill yourself

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

02-23-2010

I approve of this build. Went 7/2/5 during my second game with him ever.

I do have a few problems, though:

1. After a while I discovered that there are things called 'towers' scattered around the map at irregular intervals. Among other things, they give vision and eat face for breakfast. When I am about to kill someone, he runs to said tower and parks next to it. This leaves me free to last hit, causing the battlefront to move to said tower at supersonic speed.

Now I get harrassed by the hero there and I have to wait for him to last hit back enough until he has to leave his tower. Meanwhile, I have no choice but to stand there and pick flowers. What can I do?

2. I attack an enemy hero and despite the poison slow, he blasts off towards his tower, leaving me to run after him and swing futilely into the air. I can catch up, but the speed difference is so small that they have an eternity to get away. The recommended mobility boots make this much worse because they disengage after the first hit so I can't even give chase at all.

3. Build order. I go longsword/boots 1/zerk boots/pickaxe/the crit cape thing/bfs/infinity/and beyond. This build order sucks, but I'm useless until zerk boots due to problem #2 and they don't add damage so I'm still useless. I can't start ganking until pickaxe. Then there is another gap while I'm saving up for bfs.

The reason I didn't include sword of the occult is because it's a much worse snowball than mejai and because at level 4 I don't need snowball, I need to get something that does damage and allows me to kill someone already.

I've contemplated sheen but it has two useless prereqs.

The build works, but it always seems to leave enemies alive with ~200 hp, leaving me with a sense of inadequacy and a lot of assists if they don't outright get away.

4. I spend half of the game bluepilling because shaco lacks CC so it's my damage against their damage. Even if this is winnable outright or results in a big fat assist, It leaves me with half life and I have to pill or die next time round, meaning no ching, no bling, no dings and a sad puppet. Even if I dec away at the first sign of a pear shaped battle, I'm again at half hp.

The initial sorry-but-I-bought-a-pot-anyway is usually gone after the initial FB attempt and it's not the last to disappear down my throat.

Rectal Necrosis

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
Don't worry I'm not editing your post to insult you in a juvenile fashion, it was simply too long for me to professionally quote, however hopefully this will help you realize I am indeed quoting you and paying attention to what you say.
Get the frozen mallet then. Said hero will yes rocket off to a tower, however there are some things you should keep in mind with shaco:

He has the fastest movement speed just under yi, jax, and pantheon. Therefore unless you're chasing one of them down (and you should never chase down a Jax or Pantheon as shaco... bad news there), or another hero side stepped the boost from another one of the boots in favor of swiftness, you're going to catch them, and with the frozen mallet's uber slow, they're deader than dead.

As for the towers? They are not of your concern. It will require patience to get that annie who is too far away from her tower to safely run back, no doubt there; but the reward pays off.

As for the SoO? My rune page is 15% chance, 10% damage. Put the 40% from sword of the occult in with the 50% from an infinity edge and you're sitting on top of a 300% crit when you have your wonderful decieve and 270ish damage. Bottom line? You have a 15% movement speed from fed SoO and a 810 damage burst without decieve, not to mention a phantom dancer should also keep you moving. You'll be fine, trust me.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2010

all i got from this guide is that i need to kill myself

Rectal Necrosis

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
all i got from this guide is that i need to kill myself
*Hands you a shiv*.

Daydra

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
This is clearly not a CM thread. Take your trollin elsewhere

that isnt trolling....

and i agree with that he was saying about the pots, and card master.
also <3 ap shaco.

DoomManufact

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahhfink6 View Post
This is clearly not a CM thread. Take your trollin elsewhere
it clearly is, seeing as mekmaster mentions him literally 10 times in a SHACO GUIDE.

AP Shaco is very much viable. I won't say that AD Shaco is bad or worse, but I will say that he probably takes less skill to play. AD Shaco you just kind of deceive and hit. AP has to rely on luring into JITB murder holes and being generally more tricky. Just my two cents, but don't say that AP Shaco is completely useless. He can carry just as easily as AD Shaco can. They both have their merits.

(AP Shaco player)

Kepiru

02-24-2010

I main shaco and play it AD and realy liked ur guide, tryed it a few times and it worked nice but i still have some questions and would like ur opinion.

1. why not go with boots of swiftness? it helps u chase enemy champions better.

2. How much is the limit of crit chance u can get from ur runes? i thought it was 10%.

3. I have my seals all in dodge since i played Dr. Mundo before and so i spent 9 points in defense masteries to get the speed boost when u dodge. Do u think this works?

Pr0phetEzekiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

I lol'd hard at your previous "how to play every toon in a paragraph or less" and lol'd hard at this guide.

But the difference is I actually followed this guide and like it a lot. Once I hit 2, an enemy is dying. Period. In every game that I've played using this guide, I've been able to get Infinity Edge without any problems, but I usually go Malady > Phantom > Something ( depending on how the game goes). This way when I'm pushing a wave and the enemy catches on, I deceive into the jungle and use it to regain my health through the lifesteal and 655 crits. Then when they're distracted again I return to pushing a lane, massing gold.

The only times I tend to die is when a teammate suckers me into a teamfight and then tards out. I find that I never need mana or health pots, or heal or clarity or anything of the sorts.

Great guide, it really helped me with Shaco because I wasn't sure how to build him effectively. Also for the lulz.

Grodek

02-25-2010

I disagree with the potion part. One hp potion at start can keep you in lane long enough to get a kill making 10 times what it costs.Even 2 last hits with taking a little damage at start and you got it back easy. good luck taking no damage whatsoever.

BIoodHunter

02-25-2010

mekmaster can u give an exact order of items from start to finish plz?

123456 ... 8