[GUIDE] Shaco-Get first blood or kill yourself

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

Senior Member

02-17-2010

Before I begin. This is a DPS shaco guide. I had too many of you ****s ruin my DPS/critical card master with your constant taunts of "But Mr. Mekmaster! We can deal so much damage with our lich bane and our .6/.4 AP stacks!" Without even realizing that you're taking a dps fighter, making him a mage, then relying on his auto attack to do half the **** for you. So, any of you who think AP shaco is better than DPS, go sit on your thumbs and stay out of this thread. You ruined card master for me, you're not getting the clown.

Alright, so first off before the fight even begins you pick shaco. I don't care if every little ***** on your team is AP or a DPS. If that happens stay behind the casters. They generally stack rod of ages and stuff so they will guaranteed have more health than you. But do not compromise the clown, no matter how many times you get queue dodges.

Now then summoner spells? Here's what's good for shaco:

Flash: Yes flash, they never see it coming. Remember when flash had 1k range? Well now it still does. You can double jump an opponent, you can decieve away from a gank only to flash in the direction they had just ran from, hell you can back door their base if you want to.
Exhaust: If you didn't kill them after you crit, having exhaust is always good... especially against pantheon who probably blocked your decieve.
Ignite: Great for people who think they can survive by using some vampire ****. Nothing says "kick to the face" like critting for 9000 then lighting them on fire.
clairvoyance: Always good to see your enemies.

Skills never to get as shaco:

Heal: "But mekmaster, it keeps me alive", no... shut the hell up. Anybody who needs potions or that heal skill to stay alive obviously can't play their character for ****. Target people who do this and kill them.
Clarity: As a dps shaco you're relying on three skills. Decieve, two shiv, and hallucinate. If you grab clarity, chances are you're playing DPS shaco wrong.
teleport: You're already flashing everywhere and with decent boots can run faster than sonic the hedgehog on meth, you'll be fine without it.
Rally: Huh? You're standing around long enough for rally to do anything for you? Yeah, ok... go kill yourself then play malphite.

Runes for shaco:
We're walking a fine line here. You more or less get to decide "Hmm, do I want to crit for 9000, or do I want to crit for 500 a lot?" Back when it was still socially acceptable to play a critmaster, I used to have a 20% crit chance from my runes. As shaco I'm stacking Crit damage runes to see how that works out seeing as the burst skill I'm using will crit for me naturally. Do not get Magic penetration, mana regen per second, or health regen per second. If you're getting any of those three, you probably need to go kill yourself.

Item build for shaco: In exact Items, this is what you should buy with shaco.

Sword of the Occult
Boots of mobility
Infinity edge
Phantom dancer
Blood thirster
black cleaver/frozen mallet

"Umm, mr shaco player dude? I'm sure you're really good and all... but why so much damage? Why not get a sheen or a lich bane, or a trinity force. it'll do a ton of damage!" Because I hate sheen. I have a deep rooted hatred for sheen, lich bane, and occasionally trinity force. I have never used them successfully. Maybe because I suck, but that's unlikely. If you want you can replace the black cleaver/frozen mallet with a sheen, but that's you and not me. If you're using a sheen and are secure with it and your shaco build, then why are you reading this guide?

Trinity force/sheen/lich banez (which is an AP item so you shouldn't be touching it anyway) all have one thing in common: They eat up an item slot. This item slot now has a sheen which won't always deliver because you might have taken too long, a trinity force that does a lot of things but nothing right, or a lich bane that suggests you're an AP shaco.

Sword of the occult for shaco is what mejai's is for every mage. An item that gets better the longer the match goes on. Its why you want it first. Then the mobility is because you're going to be ganking, not fighting. Infinity edge stacks nicely with decieve and phantom dancer will allow you to dodge while upping your movement and crit chance for when you want to farm a lane with your best friend (your best friend is the clone). The blood thirster is basically your HP item. You can only have 1.8k hit points, but when you're critting for 950 damage and every single last crit is giving you 25% of your HP back, you don't need to worry (I shouldn't even need to explain black cleaver).

"But mr, Cardmaster/shaco bad ass sir... what if I get targetted by more than one hero?" You're playing shaco wrong. Shaco and DPS/AD crit master share one thing in common: They aim for one hero and kill them dead. Shaco WILL NOT team fight, and if he does its actually his clone.

Skills: **** jack in the box. Jack in the box serves one purpose, fear your enemies. Do not rely on it for damage. The only time a shaco should need jack in the boxes is when he puts 6 of them in a bush and waits for an MFing cho'gath to walk by so he can attempt to kill him.

"But mr. Dude who is sooo much better and cooler than me, JBX can do so much damage if you stack it right." No, suck an AP card master's **** and go play fiddlesticks. Here is your skills:

Decieve
Two Shiv
Decieve
Two Shiv
Decieve
Hallucinate
Decieve
Two shiv
Decieve
Two shiv
Hallucinate
Two shiv
JBX *sighs*
JBX
JBX
Hallucinate
JBX
JBX

I was once told shaco had a skill before he had jack in the box. I have no idea what that skill is, but I want it back. I would almost take anything over jack in the box, even taric's useless little razzle dazzle Jem ****. Hell, I'd even take Ashe's gold farm over Jack in the box. Jack in the box will not do damage when you're a DPS shaco, you will be doing the damage! Plus, you're never staying in one spot long enough to make the jack in the box work.

"But mr. Son of Locke, Jack in the box makes great scout items." Riiiiiiight. A jack in the box lasts 90 seconds. This means if you're the one who has to drop the stuff in front of baron to scout for the enemy team, you're going to be getting a lot of cardio because you are going to be spamming JBX.

Fight, begin!

You have decieve, yes? You also have long sword, yes? Good. It honestly doesn't matter who shaco lanes with, shaco will get first blood. Its nice to have a stun character or a tank, but it is not demanded. You're shaco, you will not be taking ANY damage. You will be too busy spamming decieve and throwing daggers at enemies to care about auto-attacking. You also won't be taking any damage, so tough **** to whoever is laning with you.

"Zeus? I see two problems with what you're doing. 1, what about your team-mate? Why do they take all the damage? Isn't this a team effort? Also, you seem to be spamming skills, are you suuuuuure we're not buying any potions?" Good questions. For one, tough **** for your team-mate. Go read shaco's biography. Does it say anywhere in there he has friends or even likes people? I'm pretty sure shaco lost all hope he had for other people the second the first card master had it in him to spam "/joke" when laning with him. As for the potions? If you can't properly manage your mana and hit points without a potion then you probably shouldn't be playing shaco.

"But potions are so cheap!" How many times have you sat in base and waited for 12 seconds while your teammate got raped in bottom lane so you could buy your next item? Sure, 70 gold isn't a lot. Hell, you couldn't bribe me with 70 gold IRL to play taric for one round. But you will constantly be missing 70 gold from that point on because you bought a one use consumable. Imagine if that 70 gold went to blood thirster. Look at it like this:

ROXXXY the new best *** doll ever : $7k-9k
Cost of a prostitute to satisfy your manly man desires for 4 hours: roughly 900 dollars (I learned this from grand theft auto and cable).

If you just keep it in your pants for four months, the benefit will ultimately be *** for as long as you want, whenever you want, no matter what (not to mention the doll will be of higher quality than almost any prostitute). Same rule applies with potions.

One HP potion: 200 health, 35 cash.
blood thirster: unlimitted HP return and 3200 (or something). You can buy 91 potions with 3200 cash. But all those potions are doing is giving you 200 health over 20 seconds.

Yeah, I just used a *** doll to justify my hatred for potions and if you look closely enough you'll notice my logic is horribly flawed. But it doesn't matter. Potions are for people who want to take damage, shaco does not want to take damage.


Mid/late game. After the early laning disperses (anywhere from level 6-12) shaco will do the same thing until the last minute (yes minute) of the game.

You're goal is to find heroes who are alone and kill them. You will eat heroes alive, feed your occult blade, and you will be awesome. Run into the jungles, find that ashe who's snagging lizard buff to add insult to injury, kill that annie who is pushing her lane by herself and just wasted tibbers stun on some creeps, two shiv taric in the eye while /alling "learn to play a real champion!". Punch an AP card master in the face, hallucinate to dodge his wild/gold card burst and eat him alive. You are a 1v1 hero. You will not fight fairly, but you will kill and feel good about it.

Instincts will kick in during 1v1, team fights are.... special.

Shaco in a team fight basically looks like this "Alright mr. clone, go out there and kill ****." So you're team will technically still have five people fighting. Don't worry, the build I've given you will make auto attacking awesome.

Now, as the team fight goes on, one of their casters will get scared, this is your time to strike. The caster will make like a flatulant gentleman at a dinner party and quietly excuse himself and you will make like the ****** bag best friend who will keep him around long enough for him to feel like an idiot as he farts in his fiancee's face. He runs away, and you decieve after him so no one notices you, stab him in the spine, and feed your sword of the occult. Playing shaco does not take a rocket scientist.

Running away: Remember those JBXs? Well if you do **** up (chances are if you screwed up you tried to attack a hero who was standing by a pantheon or alistar) you run for a bush, drop that JBX in the bush and keep running till you can decieve over a wall. You're shaco, next to card master and the MFing cho'gath, you SHOULD be the hardest thing to kill in the **** game. If you don't feel confident, get a flash and follow my "jump one way, then flash back the other way" strategy. They never see it coming.

Last minute of the game: I call it this because this is your minute to shine. Their inhibs are alive but their nexus turrets are down, they're pushing your team hard. Your teammates are falling like flies and they're going for victory push. What do you do? Back door like the ******* you are.

"Woah, wait, what?!?! Back dooring is a noob strategy! Only **** back door." Hey, look, I just scored a win and 150 IP. You can ***** about honor all you want, at the end of the day someone is going to be smart enough to back door. Fights are not won honorably so you can throw that **** out of the window and stop playing Yi you kung-fu hyped adrenaline monkey. You wanna fight honorably? Tell that to the ryze who tower dives you after you held off the two people who were laning against you with just a sliver of your health.

You decieve, bash their nexus, and with the build I've given you take it out before they realize what's going on and spam B. Only exception is if a cardmaster gets smart and gates you, and trust me: Card master's who have blown their ult/gate won't be able to stop you.

Game's over, you won and feel good because you didn't spam JBX like a little nooblet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

Senior Member

02-17-2010

*Waiting to hear if you go AD or AS before I pounce*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XmasHamm

Senior Member

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekmaster View Post
Before I begin. This is a DPS shaco guide. I had too many of you ****s ruin my DPS/critical card master with your constant taunts of "But Mr. Mekmaster! We can deal so much damage with our lich bane and our .6/.4 AP stacks!" Without even realizing that you're taking a dps fighter, making him a mage, then relying on his auto attack to do half the **** for you. So, any of you who think AP shaco is better than DPS, go sit on your thumbs and stay out of this thread. You ruined card master for me, you're not getting the clown.

Alright, so first off before the fight even begins you pick shaco. I don't care if every little ***** on your team is AP or a DPS. If that happens stay behind the casters. They generally stack rod of ages and stuff so they will guaranteed have more health than you. But do not compromise the clown, no matter how many times you get queue dodges.

Now then summoner spells? Here's what's good for shaco:

Flash: Yes flash, they never see it coming. Remember when flash had 1k range? Well now it still does. You can double jump an opponent, you can decieve away from a gank only to flash in the direction they had just ran from, hell you can back door their base if you want to.
Exhaust: If you didn't kill them after you crit, having exhaust is always good... especially against pantheon who probably blocked your decieve.
Ignite: Great for people who think they can survive by using some vampire ****. Nothing says "kick to the face" like critting for 9000 then lighting them on fire.
clairvoyance: Always good to see your enemies.

Skills never to get as shaco:

Heal: "But mekmaster, it keeps me alive", no... shut the hell up. Anybody who needs potions or that heal skill to stay alive obviously can't play their character for ****. Target people who do this and kill them.
Clarity: As a dps shaco you're relying on three skills. Decieve, two shiv, and hallucinate. If you grab clarity, chances are you're playing DPS shaco wrong.
teleport: You're already flashing everywhere and with decent boots can run faster than sonic the hedgehog on meth, you'll be fine without it.
Rally: Huh? You're standing around long enough for rally to do anything for you? Yeah, ok... go kill yourself then play malphite.

Runes for shaco:
We're walking a fine line here. You more or less get to decide "Hmm, do I want to crit for 9000, or do I want to crit for 500 a lot?" Back when it was still socially acceptable to play a critmaster, I used to have a 20% crit chance from my runes. As shaco I'm stacking Crit damage runes to see how that works out seeing as the burst skill I'm using will crit for me naturally. Do not get Magic penetration, mana regen per second, or health regen per second. If you're getting any of those three, you probably need to go kill yourself.

-Will continue after game-
You have every right to make a guide however you want but I think people reading the guide should know that some things you say indicate that you don't understand some things.

For one, you say that AP cardmaster is bad. This is wrong. I'm not saying an AD CM build is impossible, but your argument against AP cardmaster shows a lack of understanding as to why AP cardmaster works.

You also say that anyone who needs potions to keep alive is bad.... this is silly.... Potions cost 35 gp and are great value for early game. Not every build should use them but openly discounting them and saying people who take them are bad is just ridiculous.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fbsunny

Senior Member

02-17-2010

TL;DR
so i'll assume you meant this

Shaco: buy sword of the occult, infinity edge, crit damage runes, and then Mash Q, then lol as you crit for over 9000!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SYN Phrost

Member

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbsunny View Post
TL;DR
so i'll assume you meant this

Shaco: buy sword of the occult, infinity edge, crit damage runes, and then Mash Q, then lol as you crit for over 9000!
pretty much sums up shaco


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xahhfink6

Senior Member

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmasHamm View Post
You have every right to make a guide however you want but I think people reading the guide should know that some things you say indicate that you don't understand some things.

For one, you say that AP cardmaster is bad. This is wrong. I'm not saying an AD CM build is impossible, but your argument against AP cardmaster shows a lack of understanding as to why AP cardmaster works.

You also say that anyone who needs potions to keep alive is bad.... this is silly.... Potions cost 35 gp and are great value for early game. Not every build should use them but openly discounting them and saying people who take them are bad is just ridiculous.
This is clearly not a CM thread. Take your trollin elsewhere


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

macsauce

Senior Member

02-17-2010

1) Get a full page of crit damage runes
2) Pick Shaco
3) Get ignite and exaust
4) Buy an elixir and some pots
5) Find a squishy that doesnt have flash.

Decieve, ignite, exaust, open with your crit, theyll die in 1-2 melee attacks.

Always a guaranteed first blood.

The decieve crit should be for around 220 if you're doing it right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

Senior Member

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbsunny View Post
TL;DR
so i'll assume you meant this

Shaco: buy sword of the occult, infinity edge, crit damage runes, and then Mash Q, then lol as you crit for over 9000!
someone is forum stalking XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

condon

Senior Member

02-20-2010

By the way, is everyone doing the "But Mr. *******" Thing now, or is it just me?

Also: Viva la AP.

That is all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

Senior Member

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
By the way, is everyone doing the "But Mr. *******" Thing now, or is it just me?

Also: Viva la AP.

That is all.

The problem is you're making an AP shaco for team fights and whatnot (as thats what I've generally seen AP shacos do). What my shaco does is goes in, finds the mage, and makes sure that mage can't burst my team during the team fight on account of him being dead.

Also, that "but mr. ********" thing just makes sure nobody spams me with redundant questions.


12345 ... 8