I don't understand how people get out of ELO hell.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OKAY FIDDLE NA

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laddergoat109 View Post
What would you guys honestly suggest? I mean, really? I try so hard to become excellent at this game, study streams, analyze gameplay, but nothing i do works, I'm being held back and its beyond annoying. What would any of you suggest?
1. If you're not ranked 1800+ then you're probably not 1800+ material.

2.1800+ is the top 1% of all competitive players, with "competitive players" being defined as players who have a winning record in ranked games. My point being that reaching 1800+ elo is not by any means an easy task.

3. A lot of other people watch streams, read guides, and try to be the best player they can be. Players like Reginald and HotshotGG constantly have well over 5k+ players watching them. I would guess that there are over 50k players who consistently watch tournaments, streams, and guides.

4. Contrary to popular belief, your friends don't give a **** how high your rating is.

In my experience, playing games at a competitive level isn't any more fun than playing casually. I would suggest that you simply have fun and enjoy the game.

ggYamenai

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewazi View Post
1. If you're not ranked 1800+ then you're probably not 1800+ material.

2.1800+ is the top 1% of all competitive players, with "competitive players" being defined as players who have a winning record in ranked games. My point being that reaching 1800+ elo is not by any means an easy task.

3. A lot of other people watch streams, read guides, and try to be the best player they can be. Players like Reginald and HotshotGG constantly have well over 5k+ players watching them. I would guess that there are over 50k players who consistently watch tournaments, streams, and guides.

4. Contrary to popular belief, your friends don't give a **** how high your rating is.

In my experience, playing games at a competitive level isn't any more fun than playing casually. I would suggest that you simply have fun and enjoy the game.
Gtfo if your just going to be a flaming ******, im not some EPEEN ******, but i prefer draft mode style play, and the only way im going to enjoy playing DM is if i get to a high elo, besides, normal games is still packed full of ******s, therefore your arguement is invalid, gtfo

Hive Elbow

04-01-2011

I like when i play a game, get a guy on my team who goes 0/15...loses the game for us.

ReQ 10 minutes later only to see the SAME guy on my team again. Can't Q dodge - for some reason that's a rank loss. Sure enough, he instalocks the same hero and goes 0/10.

THEN I GET MATCHED WITH A THIRD TIME IN A ROW.

The only logical conclusion I've come to is the fact that RIOT benefits from this sort of thing. You lose games, and therefore lose rank, and it basically means that you HAVE to play the game more to make up for that loss.

For example: Why are people who AFK during hero select STILL automatically put back into Q!? I mean the game autokicks them for being AFK the first time around -- do you REALLY think RIOT can't program it so that after being AUTOKICKED BY THE SYSTEM FOR BEING AFK, THEY ARE **NOT** AUTOMATICALLY RE-QED?

IAMVICIOUSONE

04-01-2011

Well theres a few issues I want to tackle here OP.

1. Judging by the fact you mostly play carries and your KDA sucks, I will assume you over estimated your skill level.

2. I believe you should honestly sit down and consider what you should be doing at your skill level. Watching a steam of 2000 elo players, WILL NOT help your strategy at 1000 elo.

3.Think about it, a game such as this is reactionary, I highly doubt you are vsing anybody who is even that good at the game. In low elo its more about team comps and farming ability tbh. If you feed a carry or let one creep all game it WILL bite you in the ass end game if they are able to team fight

avens

04-01-2011

Quote:
Guys, my friend and I are not ******s, we are higher than mediocre at this game, WE UNDERSTAND that fights should be at dragon, ect.... but people just don't realize the concept of the game. IE. If im playing a ranged carry and im pushing top, id expect my teamates to be in another lane and pushing in order to atleast keep 4 of the opponents team out of my way to come and gank, its a simple theory but nobody understands it. Instead, they will go farm jungle or ****ing recall at full health, just plain stupidity, thats just one example thats not what im complaining about, im complaining about the general lack of intelligence on the majority of the people on my team.
an unranked player will never be 1800 elo material.
I also checked your 5v5 elo and there you are unranked as well. Blaming the team much?

a friend of mine went from 800 to 1300 elo so I think it's possible to get out of there.
Now the thing is though true elo hell is 1400: lots of trolls in that bracket, so don't expect people to get any better. In silver medal elo there're a lot less trolls, feeders and afks.
Also there will be feeders and all that in every elo bracket. It's how the system works

Trickbaby

04-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaff View Post
Step up, and control the whole team.
it doesnt necessarily work that way... i am sure you have come across the people who refuse to take any advice from anyone, regardless of the situation. Then, you have the people who have NO SOCIAL SKILLS WHATSOEVER so the only thing they can do is harass and belittle their team for not roflstomping the others.

The community in this game, is the largest detriment to its success. As long as people are allowed to wantonly grief those who would like to progress, there will always be an Elo Hell.

OKAY FIDDLE NA

04-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Elbow View Post
The only logical conclusion I've come to is the fact that RIOT benefits from this sort of thing. You lose games, and therefore lose rank, and it basically means that you HAVE to play the game more to make up for that loss.
Riot doesn't benefit from you playing the game. They benefit from you buying RP.

Quote:
Gtfo if your just going to be a flaming ******, im not some EPEEN ******, but i prefer draft mode style play, and the only way im going to enjoy playing DM is if i get to a high elo, besides, normal games is still packed full of ******s, therefore your arguement is invalid, gtfo
If you don't enjoy playing the game at lower elos, I can guarantee that you also won't enjoy playing it at higher elos. Also, the same people who play ranked games also play normal games. You just have to get to a high enough matchmaking rating.

Btw, I wasn't flaming you at all. My point was that there a lot of other players who strive to be good like you do and watch guides, streams, etc. Since you asked for suggestions, I suggested that you play to have fun rather than worrying about what your rating is.

Trickbaby

04-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Elbow View Post
actually, what they want to do is get you to spend money on RP and then get yourself so frustrated at the impossibility of moving out of Elo Hell, that you quit playing the game. This will free up much needed server resources for MORE suckers to give away their money in hopes they can make something of themselves, in a broken ranking system.

It's either that or they want you to start a new character and spend RP for champs/skins that you have already purchased on another account.

Kozer

Senior Recruiter

04-01-2011

Just looked at your ranked stats, and can already tell you aren't 1800 material....or 1500 for that matter. 6/7/9 is your average game stat line. That is not good. You die too many times. This is the simplest thing that people don't understand about this game is that dieing is so critical....If you die, the it's a double edge sword, you get half a minute or more of no exp/farm, and the guy(s) that killed you get exp advantage, more farm, AND gold for killing you.

Now have not played with you, so I don't know your playstyle, but try and play more defensively at low elos, it comes down to team comp and who farms better, 80% of games. And it is possible to get out, I know people who were 900 elo and are now 1650, and this account was 900 and 20 games under .500 about 2 months ago. Almost at 1200 now.

Just play good heroes (not talking about tier list, I mean good in general). Stuns are very important, especially if you are duo queing. Like someone else said, The way hotshot and jiji and regi and those high elo players play is (although they ***** out their team) there team generally knows how to fill roles. When to tank, when to push, etc. Low elo players have no clue about any of this, so build defensive items even on carries, or better yet, abuse the meta game beefy DPS. Make it so that the other team doesn;t WANT to target you, and if they do, you can live long enough that your team (no matter how dumb they are) will eventually kill them.

Hope any of this helps.

Snosauce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammarus View Post
Just looked at your ranked stats, and can already tell you aren't 1800 material....or 1500 for that matter. 6/7/9 is your average game stat line. That is not good. You die too many times. This is the simplest thing that people don't understand about this game is that dieing is so critical....If you die, the it's a double edge sword, you get half a minute or more of no exp/farm, and the guy(s) that killed you get exp advantage, more farm, AND gold for killing you.

Now have not played with you, so I don't know your playstyle, but try and play more defensively at low elos, it comes down to team comp and who farms better, 80% of games. And it is possible to get out, I know people who were 900 elo and are now 1650, and this account was 900 and 20 games under .500 about 2 months ago. Almost at 1200 now.

Just play good heroes (not talking about tier list, I mean good in general). Stuns are very important, especially if you are duo queing. Like someone else said, The way hotshot and jiji and regi and those high elo players play is (although they ***** out their team) there team generally knows how to fill roles. When to tank, when to push, etc. Low elo players have no clue about any of this, so build defensive items even on carries, or better yet, abuse the meta game beefy DPS. Make it so that the other team doesn;t WANT to target you, and if they do, you can live long enough that your team (no matter how dumb they are) will eventually kill them.

Hope any of this helps.
This guys right. Although climbing out of ELO hell is nearly impossible, it's doable. You need to play characters that can carry and carry hard. You also have to treat your team with respect and knowledge when speaking to them. At the same time though, assume theyre all 9 year olds who have no idea how to play mostly because 99% of them are lol. Try to duo queue if u can, try to jungle or solo lane if you can, and point out even the stupidest of mistakes to your team. I find it's most effective for me to carry and have a friend play an initiating character because if you dont have a good tank/initiator that almost always costs a team the game. And jungling/soloing means you can farm like a pro, kill people, and then carry hard. Carrying hard is what it takes. Always stress buying wards to your team and always stress not pushing their lanes especially if the other team has a jungler, which isn't always the case in low ELO games.